WP "Easter Eggs"

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Not really an easter egg, per se, but if you go to you apps screen and click one of the separating alphabets, it'll bring up the entire alphabet in letters and you can click on one of the letters and take you directly to that block of apps. Beats scrolling down to the "W" ones.

Thats nice!

mattemer

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just emailed the author of that article:

I just read your article featured here: California - Joel on Software

I must say, that's a pretty crappy article. Not only do I disagree in your claim that "Hello from Seattle" evokes nothing, because to me, it's like Microsoft is sending us a postcard, but also in your claim that Microsoft is trying to be "like" Apple.

Let me explain something: good companies do not want to be like Apple. Apple, while in some departments have good sales, morally they're terrible. They overcharge for everything. They're unoriginal. They're monopolizing. They prey on the stupidity of their consumers. You know I'm right.

Companies inspire other companies. Whether or not this is the case here is irrelevant. I suppose we should slam Ford for putting their emblem in the middle of their steering wheels because Chevrolet also does.

You're a disgrace to journalism. If your opinions are biased and unintelligent, you're better off keeping them to yourself.

Good day,
Jarrod

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Nice! Thank you!

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I like how in the Xbox Live hub, you can cause an earthquake for your avatar by shaking your phone all around. Sometimes they fall over and get mad at you, swiping you back to the home screen.

One thing (that is a glitch, not an Easter egg) that I've noticed, is if you're scrolling down the home page and press the Windows button, it will jump to the top and the keep scrolling down.

pointblank25

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I like how in the Xbox Live hub, you can cause an earthquake for your avatar by shaking your phone all around. Sometimes they fall over and get mad at you, swiping you back to the home screen.

That's a pretty funny find there.

I just discovered a week ago that if you play music from your phone collection and go to the Xbox Live hub (where your avatar is located), it'll start dancing. Busted me up the first time I saw it.

HKAce

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

One thing (that is a glitch, not an Easter egg) that I've noticed, is if you're scrolling down the home page and press the Windows button, it will jump to the top and the keep scrolling down.
if you keep doing the earthquake thing on your avatar he gets mad and stomps the ground and it looks like your screen cracks preety cool!

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
when you hold down the start button to get to tellme you can get examples of what you can say from microsoft. in battery saver there is a heart around the battery indicator. also windows phone says goodbye when you turn it off

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That guy just strikes me as a typical apple fan who hates MS. Designed in California doesn't strike up any of that imagery....just tells me where it was designed

Slamming Joel as a typical apple fan?

Come on man, the guy does kindof have a point in the article.

Also, he is Joel, he inspires me to write better code every day. Ex Microsoft guy too, he designed VBA for applications for the office team when he was there.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Slamming Joel as a typical apple fan?

Come on man, the guy does kindof have a point in the article.

Also, he is Joel, he inspires me to write better code every day. Ex Microsoft guy too, he designed VBA for applications for the office team when he was there.

I completely disagree. When I got my first iPod and I saw that I was a little upset. Right next to designed in California they all say made or assembled in China. Which makes it worse as I believe either Boston or Bose said designed in Boston made in Ohio, though this was in the 90s.

Oh well it is a blog, nothing to poo poo over.

M

mkr10001

I'm sure mine used to do that but now he doesn't ....he just starts dancing....

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Cool stuff in xbox live hub that I never knew, i think ms needs to make an xbox live tutorial book for us all ;-)

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure mine used to do that but now he doesn't ....he just starts dancing....

Just tried it myself and you're right. Theres varrying degrees of response.

Simple shake - Dancing
Medium Shake - Falls to the right and gets up angry
Hard Shake - Falls to the right, gets up and stomps, screen cracks
Hard Continuous shake - Falls to the left, gets up and grimaces, pulls the Xbox Live Games screen over

M

mkr10001

Just tried it myself and you're right. Theres varrying degrees of response.

Simple shake - Dancing
Medium Shake - Falls to the right and gets up angry
Hard Shake - Falls to the right, gets up and stomps, screen cracks
Hard Continuous shake - Falls to the left, gets up and grimaces, pulls the Xbox Live Games screen over

Still can't do it :(

He just stands there...dancing.....mocking me.....

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My favorite little extra feature with Windows Phone 7.5 is that when the battery gets really low, I get a little notification box that says: "Battery is really low. Don't miss anything important, charge your battery now" That "Don't miss anything important" is touching really, I have used Symbian and iOS before and their battery low warning is just plain "battery low". Windows Phone really is more personal and more connected to the user :happy:

Also the "Goodbye" when powering off, changing smiley faces with text messages...I feel like my Lumia is a living thing that wants to interact with it's master lol :giggle:

dbcel

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Ha, no I'm not lying.

It is VERY hard to read to text, but it is there.

Looking at my calendar I can make out:

-Clam (something) tackle

-Hello from Seattle

There are many others, but I just cant make them out.
I noticed the Seattle one too! You can tell because you'll add an event that's only one word (for example), but in the month view you can clearly identify three words.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm so disappointed... I can't make trigger the Xbox earthquake or screen crack. I'm sure I looked stupid shaking my phone violently. When I try he just freezes until I tap the screen again, and then he does the dance moves.

I wonder if that was an easter egg in Mango that was taken out of Tango...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not really an easter egg, but it's an unobvious element of the notifications is being able to swipe it (right) off the screen to dismiss them. I use this for Wifi and text notifications all the time.

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm so disappointed... I can't make trigger the Xbox earthquake or screen crack. I'm sure I looked stupid shaking my phone violently. When I try he just freezes until I tap the screen again, and then he does the dance moves.

I wonder if that was an easter egg in Mango that was taken out of Tango...

I tried it earlier and it does work, but it took me an age of shaking before he finally stamped his feet and the screen "cracked"/

Furball018

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
you can try triggering the earthquakes sweeping the screen left and right rapidly, that works on 7.8 as well.
(Sorry for the bad English)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99