WP "Easter Eggs"

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What nifty features have you noticed with your WP? I'm mainly referring to GUI stuff that just quietly happens without a fuss.

Some folks don't like the little arrow on the home screen but I love the way it gives a little "nudge" when you reach the bottom. Also check out how it "flips" when you swipe :cool:

I also love the way WP deals with the "rubber band" that was so new and fresh when it was new. Notice how the icons and text kind of "squish" together when they reach the top or bottom :cool:

Anyone else noticed some more subtle features of WP just going about its business?

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Recently noticed that the status bar in IE as pages load is included in the theme colors--whatever color your tiles are that day will be the color of the bar, as well.

firebrewd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Love how at the unlock screen, if you just tap it, it bounces letting you know there's content behind, and you should swipe. Subtle and intuitive.

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I also like the "loading" bar with the tiny squares. Notice how the squares match your color scheme :cool:

Good ones on the IE loading bar and the lock screen! Amazing how MS built a little "heft" into the lock screen physics.

vzwp7

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When looking at the your calendar in month view, on days that you have appointments, text will appear showing you have something there.

But if you look carefully, the text isn't your own. Microsoft has goofy phrases there instead. The text also changes to new sayings every time you reopen the calendar.

You might need a magnify glass to read them all.

M

mkr10001

When looking at the your calendar in month view, on days that you have appointments, text will appear showing you have something there.

But if you look carefully, the text isn't your own. Microsoft has goofy phrases there instead. The text also changes to new sayings every time you reopen the calendar.

You might need a magnify glass to read them all.

Too small to read even with a magnifying glass. they're too pixelated....are you lying?

vzwp7

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Too small to read even with a magnifying glass. they're too pixelated....are you lying?

Ha, no I'm not lying.

It is VERY hard to read to text, but it is there.

Looking at my calendar I can make out:

-Clam (something) tackle

-Hello from Seattle

There are many others, but I just cant make them out.

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah 'Helo from Seattle' is the only appointment I've ever been able to read. That same phrase also appears in EXIF data on photos.

roffleswaffles

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So today, I was busy helping someone out and I couldn't attend to my phone. I came back and I had like, 5 messages waiting for me and the little smiley switched from ;-) to :-o

lolololol :giggle:

kenstone

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So today, I was busy helping someone out and I couldn't attend to my phone. I came back and I had like, 5 messages waiting for me and the little smiley switched from ;-) to :-o

lolololol :giggle:
Ya, I love the :-o when you have too many texts. I didn't notice that for close to 11 months after I got my phone.

vzwp7

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone find a list of these calendar phrases? Google comes up blank.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

M

mkr10001

Not really an easter egg but I just found out today if you're on the web, highlight some text, press the search button, and it searches that text.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Not really an easter egg, per se, but if you go to you apps screen and click one of the separating alphabets, it'll bring up the entire alphabet in letters and you can click on one of the letters and take you directly to that block of apps. Beats scrolling down to the "W" ones.

M

mkr10001

Not really an easter egg, per se, but if you go to you apps screen and click one of the separating alphabets, it'll bring up the entire alphabet in letters and you can click on one of the letters and take you directly to that block of apps. Beats scrolling down to the "W" ones.

I need to train myself to use that. I still find myself just whipping down the page. That comes more naturally than pressing the letters lol

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just emailed the author of that article:

I just read your article featured here: http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2007/10/05.html

I must say, that's a pretty crappy article. Not only do I disagree in your claim that "Hello from Seattle" evokes nothing, because to me, it's like Microsoft is sending us a postcard, but also in your claim that Microsoft is trying to be "like" Apple.

Let me explain something: good companies do not want to be like Apple. Apple, while in some departments have good sales, morally they're terrible. They overcharge for everything. They're unoriginal. They're monopolizing. They prey on the stupidity of their consumers. You know I'm right.

Companies inspire other companies. Whether or not this is the case here is irrelevant. I suppose we should slam Ford for putting their emblem in the middle of their steering wheels because Chevrolet also does.

You're a disgrace to journalism. If your opinions are biased and unintelligent, you're better off keeping them to yourself.

Good day,
Jarrod

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos