Convince my sister to get a Windows Phone.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
My sister is looking to get a phone soon. But her idiotic friends have convinced her that iphone is better and anything with windows is trash.

I need your help and expertise here. I am going to ask her to read this thread when I get some good responses.
So again, help me convince her to get a windows phone. :D

Be sure to mention why windows phone is better.
She already tried the HTC Titan and the iphone. They both work for her.

EDIT : OH WELL, I was hoping for a list of advantages of choosing WP over the iphone. But of course that didn't happen. She read this thread and decided to go with the iphone. It is a great phone as well.

EDIT: ALSO you people are blaming peer pressure. You do know about Microsoft's reputation right? Anyways most people don't even know about WP7 much. All they know are iphones and androids. That's why I asked you all for help. So don't blame her for listening to her friends. Blame yourselves for lack of enthusiasm that iPhone and Android users seem to have.

Thanks for all of your enthusiastic posts.
/s
hahahaha :D

Last edited:

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Find out what is important to her first. Don't try and "sell" her on anything unless you know what is important to her. Don't have her read these threads. Have her go to a store and actually try them out. Just like a bakery, smelling is free. They don't charge you to go to the store and try them out. Have her play with one and actually have her go through what is important to her. Once shes the simplicity and ease of use, she's gonna like it.

propeller10

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
She already tried the HTC Titan and the iphone. They both work for her. But she is willing to choose the iphone ONLY because her friends tell her it is trash.

M

mkr10001

She already tried the HTC Titan and the iphone. They both work for her. But she is willing to choose the iphone ONLY because her friends tell her it is trash.

Ask her why her friends care what phone she has? If they want to be like everyone else with overpriced iPhones fine, but make sure she doesn't get an iPhone because her friends tell her to

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Bigger screen, better camera, yada, yada...

It isnt about it being better, its about it being different. One isnt better than the other, unless it works better for the one person it matters to: the user. In my circle of influence, everyone has an iPhone, except me, yet I am the one person that they all call to ask how do you do (fill in blank) on my phone. For them, I wouldnt suggest an Android or WP device, because they wouldnt be happy.

I like to tinker and tweak, so for me, something to mess with makes me happy. I will say that using WP allows me to just enjoy my device more, because some things either are already there, or arent possible yet, and I am more okay with my phone "as is" than I was with iOS or Android...

Give your WP to your sister for a few minutes, and let her see the difference between it and the iPhone. Some of my folks have made the comment that they wished their phone did what mine does, but some of the other ones couldnt care less...and thats cool, too.

We call ones like that sheeple... ;)

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, if she is a big Facebook user, you can let her know about the People hub and the great Facebook integration with WP. It's one of the things that I never thought I'd enjoy so much! Between the contacts I have saved in GMail and the contacts I have in Facebook, I have everyone that I would like in my contacts list (and plenty, plenty more) without actually creating a contact. Having email, phone, facebook, twitter, birthday, etc... all in one contact area is pretty sweet.

With that said, there are some people who just cannot be won over, at least for the time being. My brother scoffed at the number of apps, and only considered Apple and Android (and that's IF he could get the SGSII Skyrocket, commenting that he would absolutely refuse the original since "it's old, and would be obsolete in a few months"... nevermind about the iPhone 4 that he has now xP)

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
she needs to choose what's best for her. Only she can make up her mind to what suits get needs. Selling her on a platform that that you deem to be better is a big mistake. iOS is a great platform and like all platforms it has its pros and cons. Let her choose.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So what was her opinion of the Titan if she used it? She has to have her own opinion about both if she used them. I can't understand why someone would lock themselves into a contract because their friends prefer one over the other.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. Some people like to follow the crowd. If she gets a WP, and her crowd all has iPhones, she might be the type to feel excluded.

Some people like walking their own path. And what their friends do won't influence them.

If she's type #1, then she really is better off getting what her friends get. She'll be happier.

Heck, that whole crowd might end up moving to WP8 or WP9 some day.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
How clumsy or forgetful is your sister? Dropping iPhone from waist high or sitting on it will guarantee a broken phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for a list of advantages of choosing WP over the iphone. But of course that didn't happen. She read this thread and decided to go with the iphone. It is a great phone as well.

Ah, the power of peer pressure. Can't win em all.. It's true though: WP fart apps suck compared to the ios ones. Maybe someday... *sigh*

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If all her friends have iPhones she might get an iPhone just for the imessage convenience. That becomes a tough sale for WP7, tbh.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry freeestaterocker. It's better this way.

If she has already tried it and liked it, but just chose something else, then maybe she'll see it as an option later. WP is only going to grow. And I have no doubt that within a year or two, it will be one of those "cool" phones to own. Especially when we have all the goodies that WP8 that will surely include. And when one of her crowd moves over, they'll all move over.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My only response to her would have been ... "if you're trying to be exactly like your friends, head on over and get the iPhone"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers