Convince my sister to get a Windows Phone.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You have to hand it to Steve Jobs. He convinced an entire generation of Americans that peer pressure was ok when it came to choosing a smartphone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Like that's supposed to make a difference. Yeah I want a high quality HD sound of a fart!!!

Sure you can say that now, because you are used to low quality midi farts. But with the iphone the farts sound so clear, so crisp. It's like having Dr Dre farting right in your face.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Can we stop it with the iFart canard? Apple has done a pretty good job in the last 18 months of purging the app store of fart apps. Maybe that was a valid complaint in the first year of the app store(2008-2009), but it's silly now. When you've got games like "Infinity Blade II" on the iPhone and not on Windows Phone that's where Ballmer has to be chewing out the Nokia engineers for not getting the new GPU done faster. You can't do high end mobile gaming on the current WP7.5 hardware. Essentially at this point WP7.5 is great for social networking and not much else.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone has a lot of potential but the iphone is the industry leader for a reason. The games are just on another level, the number, quality and price just destroy our terrible offerings and poorly done ports. The Cheer quantity of applications are a forced to be reckoned and on the apps that we share, the iphone counterpart is always superior feature wise.

Top that with beautiful hardware ( that you can get lots of accessories, I don't think you can get that much cute covers for the Titan ), award winning camera, good battery life and great display and the competition won't stand a chance.

Lets hope MS catch up.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You have to hand it to Steve Jobs. He convinced an entire generation of Americans that peer pressure was ok when it came to choosing a smartphone.

I consider myself generally anti-Apple (due to what I perceive to be their "we know better than you do" arrogance), but let's be fair here - most teenagers and young adults, in every generation, like to go with the crowd to fit in with their group. Apple didn't condition anyone; they just have the product that is considered cool by the masses right now.

One very encouraging thing for Windows Phone is that the platform may be perceived or starting to be perceived as what the trendsetters think is cool. History shows that when that is the case, there's a good chance mass popular acceptance will follow. Of course, Microsoft has to continue build upon what they already have and not sit still for that to possibly happen.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe this is actually WPcentral haha. Whatever happen to all the enthusiastic folks? idk
I feel WP peeps understand that WP may not be for every one, same as iOS or Android may not be for every one either.

If someone hates having to tinker w/ their device (rooting and widgets), then I usually won't recommend Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte