The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-09-2012 04:27 PM
208 1234 ...
tools
    Back on topic folks... it really doesn't matter if it's Google or Android as long as we know what we're talking about.
    01-01-2012 07:26 PM
    But that's only if you get data plans. You need data to access mms.
    not necessarily
    01-01-2012 07:28 PM
    not necessarily
    How else will mms download?
    01-01-2012 07:35 PM
    How else will mms download?
    they don't consider it data use if it's just for mms downloads.
    01-01-2012 07:45 PM
    they don't consider it data use if it's just for mms downloads.
    Yes they do. They will charge you per MB.
    01-01-2012 07:47 PM
    I don't think you can speak for all carriers.....charging for receiving mms? Not standard practice
    01-01-2012 07:53 PM
    that's if you don't have a messaging plan. Who's actually worked for a carrier?
    01-01-2012 07:55 PM
    I don't think you can speak for all carriers.....charging for receiving mms? Not standard practice
    Verizon does it, T-mobile does it, AT&T does it, and Sprint does it. Seems like standard practice to me.
    01-01-2012 07:55 PM
    that's if you don't have a messaging plan. Who's actually worked for a carrier?
    That is sms. You need data for mms. If you don't have an mms package added on to your plan you will get charged per mb. How much you get charged depends on the carrier. Most people just have mms blocked if they don't have mms, so they won't get charged.
    01-01-2012 07:58 PM
    That is sms. You need data for mms. If you don't have an mms package added on to your plan you will get charged per mb. How much you get charged depends on the carrier. Most people just have mms blocked if they don't have mms, so they won't get charged.

Read this. cant send mms with out data servics - Android Help
    but you DO NOT need a data plan to send mms, its all messaging now. What part of that can't you understand?
    01-01-2012 08:00 PM
    Outstanding hardware or outstanding chassis in the lumia?

Not sure if serious. The hardware in the phones is terrible and mid range at best. That's why. Also, apps are terrible quality and many are missing.

There us still a huge feature disparity as well. I think people are bored and are desperate for a third player. Wp7 isn't there yet. The only thing may people say is superior us the UI. Other than that it's nothing to write hone about, assuming you adore the UI.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    01-01-2012 08:12 PM
    Verizon does it, T-mobile does it, AT&T does it, and Sprint does it. Seems like standard practice to me.
    Not in my country.......
    01-01-2012 08:13 PM
    but you DO NOT need a data plan to send mms, its all messaging now. What part of that can't you understand?
    Okay just did some research. You were right. Things changed a lot in 2 years.

On messaging phones the text messaging pack comes with sms and mms for 10 or 20 dollars on carriers.

But on smartphones you need data to have mms.

I remember when I had to pay for sms and mms separately a couple years ago.

So I apologize.
    01-01-2012 08:14 PM
    Not in my country.......
    Read post above.
    01-01-2012 08:15 PM
    MMS is charged per message like SMS, NOT like a data plan. What are you talking about.

It's usually something like $0.30 per MMS or so, and $0.10 per SMS.

01-01-2012 08:15 PM
    Outstanding hardware or outstanding chassis in the lumia?

Not sure if serious. The hardware in the phones is terrible and mid range at best. That's why. Also, apps are terrible quality and many are missing.

There us still a huge feature disparity as well. I think people are bored and are desperate for a third player. Wp7 isn't there yet. The only thing may people say is superior us the UI. Other than that it's nothing to write hone about, assuming you adore the UI.

uh oh its N8ter H8ter M8ter B8ter. The hardware is not in the least bit terrible, see the thread below where someone said they played wit a sensation and it lagged terribly when compared to the focus S.
    theefman likes this.
    01-01-2012 08:20 PM
    Okay just did some research. You were right. Things changed a lot in 2 years.

On messaging phones the text messaging pack comes with sms and mms for 10 or 20 dollars on carriers.

But on smartphones you need data to have mms.

I remember when I had to pay for sms and mms separately a couple years ago.

So I apologize.
    you don't need data to mms at all. Period. End of.

Data package policies are carrier inventions and apparently you drank the Kool-Aid. AT&T for example will not even let you activate any smart phone without a data plan (their system will auto add one when you use the phone on their network) because that's the way they want it. Even dumb phones can sent MMS and common practice is to convert long SMS to MMS so that it can be delivered in one message instead of being split.

MMS is not just for pictures and video.

01-01-2012 08:20 PM
    MMS is charged per message like SMS, NOT like a data plan. What are you talking about.

It's usually something like $0.30 per MMS or so, and $0.10 per SMS.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1608268-post38.htm
    01-01-2012 08:21 PM
    uh oh its N8ter H8ter M8ter B8ter. The hardware is not in the least bit terrible, see the thread below where someone said they played wit a sensation and it lagged terribly when compared to the focus S.
    ignored

Justin.TV312 and Judge_Daniel like this.
    01-01-2012 08:22 PM

Data package policies are carrier inventions and apparently you drank the Kool-Aid. AT&T for example will not even let you activate any smart phone without a data plan (their system will auto add one when you use the phone on their network) because that's the way they want it. Even dumb phones can sent MMS and common practice is to convert long SMS to MMS so that it can be delivered in one message instead of being split.

MMS is not just for pictures and video.

What are you talking about. I'm not saying what it can technically do. I'm saying what it can do that the carriers will let you do. If you have a messaging phone when you get the messaging plan you get mms and sms. But with smartphone you need data.
    01-01-2012 08:24 PM
    Well considering my lumia wouldn't download the content of an MMS until I turned data on...I'm going to you DO need data on to mms...Period. End Of.
    01-01-2012 08:26 PM
    Read post above.
    That post is irrelevant to my point
    01-01-2012 08:27 PM
    Well considering my lumia wouldn't download the content of an MMS until I turned data on...I'm going to you DO need data on to mms...Period. End Of.
    that's a smartphone,this is for feature phones which is what we were talking about when this persons sis wanted to send him some pics.
    01-01-2012 08:29 PM
    that's a smartphone,this is for feature phones which is what we were talking about when this persons sis wanted to send him some pics.
    That still stops it being a "they don't use data. period. end of. " situation.

edit:

read the thread again.

When you send an MMS you get charged for it at the network rate, the same you would if it were a text message. To receive an MMS you NEED data. Whether it's GPRS or 3G. If your phone isn't equipped to receive an MMS you will be given a website to go to.

What I'M saying is that (as far as I'm aware) networks in my country don't charge to receive the message.
    Last edited by mkr10001; 01-01-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    01-01-2012 08:30 PM
    That still stops it being a "they don't use data. period. end of. " situation.

edit:

read the thread again.

When you send an MMS you get charged for it at the network rate, the same you would if it were a text message. To receive an MMS you NEED data. Whether it's GPRS or 3G. If your phone isn't equipped to receive an MMS you will be given a website to go to.

What I'M saying is that (as far as I'm aware) networks in my country don't charge to receive the message.
    How you gonna tell me to read the thread again,I'm the one who brought it to this point and who has actually worked for a carrier.
    01-01-2012 08:48 PM
208 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD