Quote: Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn?t it Taken Off?

Ricksta

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
tethering?

If windows phone is superior, how can I tether? I'm interested in a samsung focus... can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks! :happy:

M

mkr10001

flash is dying and even adobe admitted it. Try that cavern?cola pat?tica !

Meanwhile back on earth with normal people.....

It doesn't matter that adobe say it's dead.....seeing as most sites are still using it and not using html5 proves that it's not dead...Do you think that because adobe say that, every flash site is magically transformed into html5 overnight? Well here's a newsflash....it doesn't.

It's going to take years for flash to totally disappear.

Oooh you speak spanish...you must be right.....why don't you insult me in English.....moron

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile back on earth with normal people.....

It doesn't matter that adobe say it's dead.....seeing as most sites are still using it and not using html5 proves that it's not dead...Do you think that because adobe say that, every flash site is magically transformed into html5 overnight? Well here's a newsflash....it doesn't.

It's going to take years for flash to totally disappear.

Why don't you insult me in English.....moron

I can insult you in whatever language I want. Goto T-mobile.com and look at the customer reviews on the radar, doesn't seem that lack of flash and Bluetooth file transfer is an issue to any of them. Try again pelele!

M

mkr10001

I can insult you in whatever language I want. Goto T-mobile.com and look at the customer reviews on the radar, doesn't seem that lack of flash and Bluetooth file transfer is an issue to any of them. Try again pelele!

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT T-MOBILE CUSTOMERS.

PEOPLE USE BLUETOOTH AND WOULD LIKE FLASH SUPPORT

Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

I'm not going to respond to you anymore because you can't see reason and frankly I don't like you.

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If windows phone is superior, how can I tether? I'm interested in a samsung focus... can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks! :happy:
Tethering is supported in mango and its up to the OEM and carrier to provide it. I have it on my radar and HD7.

I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT T-MOBILE CUSTOMERS.

PEOPLE USE BLUETOOTH AND WOULD LIKE FLASH SUPPORT

I'm not going to respond to you anymore because you can't see reason and frankly I don't like you.

oh you should care, the Radar is the highest rated phone right now. Higher than the SGS2.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
[warn]Once again, please STOP with the personal attacks, whether they are in English or another language. [/warn]

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well maybe with the 900 campaign that's forthcoming by MS Nokia and ATT to make the 900 the ATT "hero phone" which some have said is not $100 m but in fact $200 m WP will ghain significant traction and make 2012 the YEAR of WP!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
[warn]Once again, please STOP with the personal attacks, whether they are in English or another language. [/warn]

It's probably too much to ask but a bit less negativity all around in our forums would be nice to see as well. It's not like we are engaging in polical debates but from the tone of the comments you could just about fool me.

six6xis

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Because it lacks hot phones. I don't know how many times I'll have to say this but people like cool phones.

Ding ding ding. When they do have nice phones ala the Samsung Focus S they're only available for one network. With the Nokia phones I guess they're going to be on AT&T and maybe Verizon but that doesnt help those on Sprint or T-Mobile.

The other thing that I like but bites them in the *** is that they provide a minimum spec for the phones. While that does somewhat guarantee good performance across the handsets it also allows for some truly milquetoast phones ala my HD7. I wish that model would be similar to how they publish specs for DirectX and video card manufacturers beat each other to death trying to one up each other.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's obvious what I meant. I don't know why you people are trying to hard to play the semantics game.

I'll put it in a more succint fashion: You don't need a data plan to send and recieve MMS. The protocols phones use the send and recieve that stuff as well as the format of the media and compression methods are all standardized. You don't need a data plan for that. MMS has existed since LONG before smartphones became commodity devices. Dumbphones can send and recieve them, and they don't require a data plan.

What a smartphone requires [here] to send MMS is not even a factor since either:

1. The carrier will not allow you to use a smartphone on their network without a data plan. AT&T being the obvious example, they will automatically give you a $25 2GB data plan if you take a SIM out of a feature phone and put it into a smartphone. This happened to my mother, actually. You can get them to take it off, but they will tell you to put the SIM back in a dumb or feature phone. If the smartphone registers on the network again, the system will automatically add the $25 data plan.

2. Smartphones without a data plan are almost useless, even if you have WiFi coverage in 50% of the places you congregate, assuming your phone isn't off the other 50% of the time, of course. WP7 is worse off than iOS or Android without a data plan because of the way the cloud services are integrated into it, encouraging people to put their data on SkyDrive, Zune Pass streaming, Low-Capacity Devices, etc.

AT&T will probably be the only major carrier here to get high end Nokia WP7 device earlier. It will be impossible to use tho phone on their network without a data plan. Whether or not MMS uses that is a non-factor.

I've yet to see a carrier that charges its users data charges for sending and recieving MMS. MMS are charged on a per-message rate, like SMS.

I don't know what other carrier in other countries do. But charging data for MMS is not normal or expected here.

I personally don't know anyone - at all - who has a smartphone (here) without at least a 2GB data plan. It's really a bit of a moot point.

The main issue isn't what the MMS requires, but the outrageous prices that carriers charge for SMS/MMS packages. Unless you have a family plan with a family unlimited SMS/MMS package for 3+ phones it's a total rip-off.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It's obvious what I meant. I don't know why you people are trying to hard to play the semantics game.

I'll put it in a more succint fashion: You don't need a data plan to send and recieve MMS. The protocols phones use the send and recieve that stuff as well as the format of the media and compression methods are all standardized. You don't need a data plan for that. MMS has existed since LONG before smartphones became commodity devices. Dumbphones can send and recieve them, and they don't require a data plan.

What a smartphone requires [here] to send MMS is not even a factor since either:

1. The carrier will not allow you to use a smartphone on their network without a data plan. AT&T being the obvious example, they will automatically give you a $25 2GB data plan if you take a SIM out of a feature phone and put it into a smartphone. This happened to my mother, actually. You can get them to take it off, but they will tell you to put the SIM back in a dumb or feature phone. If the smartphone registers on the network again, the system will automatically add the $25 data plan.

2. Smartphones without a data plan are almost useless, even if you have WiFi coverage in 50% of the places you congregate, assuming your phone isn't off the other 50% of the time, of course. WP7 is worse off than iOS or Android without a data plan because of the way the cloud services are integrated into it, encouraging people to put their data on SkyDrive, Zune Pass streaming, Low-Capacity Devices, etc.

AT&T will probably be the only major carrier here to get high end Nokia WP7 device earlier. It will be impossible to use tho phone on their network without a data plan. Whether or not MMS uses that is a non-factor.

I've yet to see a carrier that charges its users data charges for sending and recieving MMS. MMS are charged on a per-message rate, like SMS.

I don't know what other carrier in other countries do. But charging data for MMS is not normal or expected here.

I personally don't know anyone - at all - who has a smartphone (here) without at least a 2GB data plan. It's really a bit of a moot point.

The main issue isn't what the MMS requires, but the outrageous prices that carriers charge for SMS/MMS packages. Unless you have a family plan with a family unlimited SMS/MMS package for 3+ phones it's a total rip-off.

Do MMS pictures messages incurr DATA charges? - AT&T Community Support
Does MMS use Data Services? - Yahoo! Answers

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I don't think Windows Mobile is known to that many people, either. Unless you had a smartphone from 2001-2007, I don't think Windows Mobile effected you that greatly. Actually, I've talked to many people who thought Android was made by Microsoft (which makes sense, since it has been iOS vs Android and Mac OS vs Windows).

That being said, the techies do remember Windows Mobile. And they do know that WP is Microsoft and Android is Google. However, they should be the easiest to inform about the changes, since they are well informed, anyway.

Is there a way Microsoft could drop the Windows brand? I feel like people will realize that the product is by Microsoft, no matter the name.

Windows Mobile isn't that well known. Most people who bring it up are either enthusiasts, heard some rumors, or used them for business reasons. The average consumer doesn't know much about it, and the average consumer probably didn't even care about smartphones until the iPhone started that consumer FAD. It wasn't until after the iPhone was released that everyone and their grandfather felt the need to get a smartphone.

That being said, AT&T and Verizon did have a decent amount of WinMo phones in their stores up until about 2 years ago. I had a few friends with them, but they didn't have much if any trouble with them... They aren't the types of people who care about 3 ms of UI latency and things like that, though...

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ding ding ding. When they do have nice phones ala the Samsung Focus S they're only available for one network. With the Nokia phones I guess they're going to be on AT&T and maybe Verizon but that doesnt help those on Sprint or T-Mobile.

The other thing that I like but bites them in the *** is that they provide a minimum spec for the phones. While that does somewhat guarantee good performance across the handsets it also allows for some truly milquetoast phones ala my HD7. I wish that model would be similar to how they publish specs for DirectX and video card manufacturers beat each other to death trying to one up each other.

the Nokia 900 Ace is possibly going to AT&T, Verizon and T-mobile. The 719 and 800 will probably head for sprint,Verizon and USCC.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Right, if he'd just look at the 3G bands that are being supported, he'd know that Verizon will be out of the equation. They did show it having both AT&T/Tmobile 3G bands. That would be nice for Tmo users.
Supposedly Verizon said no to the Nokia 900... idk where you are getting your info from but its way off..

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
and you claim I get the hard on from the things you say? I know they said that but by going by past actions they have said one thing but did the opposite.

Well common sense shows that the 900 that came through had gsm bands and last I checked verizon uses cdma..... Your ignorance and cluelessness is laughable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo