Does anyone feel like there's not enough settings?

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Windows Mobile 6.1 had more setting.

I would prefer more setting, but I think Microsoft was trying to make it easier for less geeky people.

Well they've build WP7 from scratch, so no settings like the WM 6.1. We can post on the MS site or forum for more settings to be given to the ordinary user, but the whole point of using Metro is because is simple and intuitive!

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Well they've build WP7 from scratch, so no settings like the WM 6.1. We can post on the MS site or forum for more settings to be given to the ordinary user, but the whole point of using Metro is because is simple and intuitive!

Nobody will be forced to use any particular feature.. many of us just want the OPTION to use the things we are used to. MS is not Apple and they need to appeal to the broadest audience possible- this includes tech nerds and control freaks.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

these are all minor changes that would improve the OS by 100% and would take NO TIME for MS to implement..

i think Apollo will determine how much MS really Listen to us.

I think Apollo will make or break WP at this point. we saw allot from MANGO but half the stuff int even being taken advantage of.

so Apollo better bring it!!

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Nobody will be forced to use any particular feature.. many of us just want the OPTION to use the things we are used to. MS is not Apple and they need to appeal to the broadest audience possible- this includes tech nerds and control freaks.

Well i'm geek so i want to have settings for everything that i can think off, but some ordinary middle age man maybe don't want to know how to enable tethering or else. Yes, i am for the option to choose are you simple or advanced user. That would be nice, but MS still didn't say what will be included in Apollo...

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding the lack of settings (like separate volume controls for media, phone calls, and notifications and the lack of an overnight "sleep" mode as examples) is a minor to moderate annoyance to me.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the important thing to remember is that Microsoft did a complete reboot of their mobile operating system. They striped away almost everything to start fresh and new. I am sure that many options or "settings" we want to change will come as this iteration of Windows Phone matures. I am sure we are to see some new features and refinements and choices with Tango and Apollo is a whole other fish.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What does that have to do with the lack of settings that were available when iOS was first released, when apple didn't have half a decade or more mobile experience like Microsoft.

Microsoft should have had more than enough data from Windows mobile to know some of these omissions were... Less than intelligent.

It's like Google ignoring personal info for targeted advertising. You just don't do it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the simplicity of the settings on WP7. Every once in a while, there is a setting I'd like to be able to change, but overall, I like that things just kinda are the way they are. I've used three Android devices over the past few years (two phones and a tablet) and I'm just so over tweaking every little detail of the phone. That's why with Windows Phone, I just enjoy the device the way it was set up. I've had my Trophy for a while now, and I legitimately enjoy the phone for what it is.

I totally agree with this..... I love WP7.5 for what it is and not feeling like I need to tweak everything. I also have an android device and I am always messing with it, tweaking it and changing my wallpapers and all kind of stuff.

for me, WP7.5 is my ongoing moment of clarity :)

S1NKING SH1PS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with this..... I love WP7.5 for what it is and not feeling like I need to tweak everything. I also have an android device and I am always messing with it, tweaking it and changing my wallpapers and all kind of stuff.

for me, WP7.5 is my ongoing moment of clarity :)

For sure man, when I had my other two Android phones, I feel like I was always messing with little details. I was never satisfied with the setup I had - I think maybe because it was just so overwhelming with little settings to tweak. I'd finally set something up, be satisfied with it for a few hours, then change it again. Small, little details to things that in the long run, probably didn't even effect my experience at all. With WP7, I found the color theme I wanted, added some custom tiles, got the wallpaper I wanted, pinned some cool apps and people, and boom, my phones finally exactly how I want it. No little fine tuned stuff, no senseless moving of icons - just a great overall look and experience. And many of the other people I know that use WP7 all agree - they'd rather just enjoy the phone for what it is. While it couldn't hurt to add in features for people who feel the need to deck out their device, most of the wp7 users I'm friends with probably wouldn't even bother to mess with it.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For sure man, when I had my other two Android phones, I feel like I was always messing with little details. I was never satisfied with the setup I had - I think maybe because it was just so overwhelming with little settings to tweak. I'd finally set something up, be satisfied with it for a few hours, then change it again. Small, little details to things that in the long run, probably didn't even effect my experience at all. With WP7, I found the color theme I wanted, added some custom tiles, got the wallpaper I wanted, pinned some cool apps and people, and boom, my phones finally exactly how I want it. No little fine tuned stuff, no senseless moving of icons - just a great overall look and experience. And many of the other people I know that use WP7 all agree - they'd rather just enjoy the phone for what it is. While it couldn't hurt to add in features for people who feel the need to deck out their device, most of the wp7 users I'm friends with probably wouldn't even bother to mess with it.

I would love to at least be able to select tile colors beyond the preinstalled, which I actually did on my OG Focus by doing the interop-unlock but I have other WP7 devices that cannot be interop-unlocked at the moment and know for sure that others would love to be able to do the same in terms of a Tile Color Picker.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Mobile 6.1 had more setting.

I would prefer more setting, but I think Microsoft was trying to make it easier for less geeky people.

True this on both accounts. I like the lack of a bunch of settings but at times I miss being able to open my registry editor and even change how wide my scroll bars are, all without a PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)