so is skype ever coming???

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
As Skype will more than likely be integrated into the OS, I wouldn't expect to see it before, at least, Tango. I'm betting we won't see it until Apollo, which personally, I have no problem with; prefer this to some crappy, rushed app.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Skype on my computer much, nor do I have many contacts at all. I just want it for some reason :x In any case, I agree with Big Supes; I'd rather wait a little longer and have a quality app, than get a half-baked app now that people will burn to the ground anyway.

lildanny2096

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
i agree with you guys, but what gets me pissed off is how microsoft marketed and told us that it would come by late fall...thats a real letdown

Justin.TV312

Banned
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Things come up. I guess only apple is allowed to be a little late, it'll probably be built in with either tango 1 or 2. CES is this month so I'm sure they'll have some kind of announcement.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it is only the silence about it that is bothering me. Also, Photosynth, which I thought would have been here months and months ago hasn't been mentioned in a while. I loves me some Photosynth!

vzwp7

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft needs to get their act together, and fast. Skype is available on all the major OS's except for their own, AND THEY OWN SKYPE! Sue, integrate it, that's fine, by you're losing market share, at least you could try to keep up wit without competitors.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand why everyone loves to wait so patiently for software that should've been around already. Reminds me of people who wait in their cars for 55 minutes while their date is still inside "finishing up." Skype has yet to come for us but people on Android and iOS already have Skype, Fring, Oovoo, Tango, Qik, and FaceTime while we only have Tango.... and only a couple phones with FFCs. The fact is, we need to be ahead of marketshare in order to fully flourish as an OS, and despite having the best software around, Microsoft is doing everything wrong. Second-hand versions of popular apps and extremely long wait times for new apps and updates makes for a crappy phone in the end. I'm not leaving WP7 anytime soon, because the competition sucks IMO, but shoot, as a paying customer; I am more than entitled to be irritated and to talk all the **** that I want. That's how we get heard.

PS, dont tell me we have all the apps we need. None of our twitter apps compare to apps like tweetdeck and tweetlogix on iOS (Hopefully CarbonWP will be.) Words With Friends?? Nope, we have to beg everyone playing WWF to go ahead and also download Words By Post so that we can actually play with them. Pandora?? Nope, 3rd party only.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Huge failure on MSFT's part. We should have had an app out ASAP with OS integration in Tango

They could have pushed this as THE Skype phone.

Just a huge missed opportunity

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's like most features and apps for WP7, "wait for [insert next software release here]." I thought MS would be catching up to the other OSs in terms of apps, but they seem to be falling farther and farther behind.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's coming. I'm not sure what the hold up is. But I'm sure they're not just sitting around thinking, "Let's wait."

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess the bottom line behind my patience is because I rarely use Skype. But. I can also see the potential clout behind an integrated release along with Tango or Apollo compared to a measly app. Baring in mind IOS5 is out this year, MS don't want to shoot their load too early.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
its funny cause they have like 10000000s of articles saying it was suppose to be integrated into MANGO devices with FFC support... so much for that.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well if MS waits so long for Skype app or integration, i hope the waiting will worth! Maybe they are planning integration in Tango and make huge commercials like they did with Mango :)

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Kinda need front facing camera for video chat with Skype..... Bet we see it in Apollo and new devices this Fall.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, don't you just love it when people who have no idea what they are talking about decide to chime in. Yes, that would be you sir.
Kinda need front facing camera for video chat with Skype..... Bet we see it in Apollo and new devices this Fall.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

Skype is also a service that lets you instant message people and place VOIP calls domestically and internationally. You could also use the back camera for your video chats

No front facing camera needed!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)