More than one mobile not possible????

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
EDIT
Dear Mods, just saw the FAQ Post, and realised this question was answered, so if you want to delete it, that's fine.... Sorry

Hi, I'm kind of mew to WP7. Got a Lumia 800 for my wife recently, and can't seem to believe that each contact can only have one mobile phone, for text messages.

Is this really true? How backwards is that? Can MS not imagine that people may have separate work and personal phones? :mad:

On top of that, our family is spread out over 4 different countries, many of us with different SIM cards for each country. I personally have 4 different mobile numbers. I know that this is a bit more than normal, but I can't believe it's not been thought about in development.

Also, not sure how it is in other countries, but here in Germany, you can send text messages to landlines - not very common, but possible. Not with a Windows phone...

Does anyone know if a workaround for this without having to create separate contacts? Or if there is a fix in development somewhere down the line?

Makes me wish we had gone with another Symbian phone or a BlackBerry. They can handle about any number of different phones, mobile or otherwise, and you can text any of the numbers. Anyone know how iOS or Android handles this phenomenon of having more than 1 mobile phone number?

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No need to delete... glad you found it.

Welcome to WPC. I'm waiting for the next Lumia device to hit AT&T. How are you enjoying yours so far? How are the pics?

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No need to delete... glad you found it.

Welcome to WPC. I'm waiting for the next Lumia device to hit AT&T. How are you enjoying yours so far? How are the pics?

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Well, T-Mobile forgot to send the micro-SIM with it so we haven't really gotten far with it yet. Should arrive today, and we'll see then. We just imported my wife's contacts into it, and noticed the lack of this feature.

Glad to read that you can connect people somehow. Looking forward to that workaround, but we'll see.

Only taken 1 pic with it so far, seems OK. We're a bit spoiled in that area though. I've got an N8, and my wife had an X6, so the camera has to be pretty good to impress us. I'll update on our experiences as we move along....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett