Disappearing Keyboard Fix Starting To Rollout

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
well i need a keyboard in order to type... so im returning these flashes v7720.68. each day got worse. now it doesnt work in any vbulliten forums. and when your an admin.... thats a problem. shame, its a great phone otherwise. my surround never gave me this issue... i will be sure not to update it.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You can update manually with this guide, here.

This is a different type of update to the 7740 for the Lumia, that was a firmware update, this is an OS update.

Edit: Also, how do carriers even have a say in the issue? The updates go out through Zune and this is an OS fix not a per-phone firmware fix.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You can update manually with this guide, here.

This is a different type of update to the 7740 for the Lumia, that was a firmware update, this is an OS update.

Edit: Also, how do carriers even have a say in the issue? The updates go out through Zune and this is an OS fix not a per-phone firmware fix.

the carriers will get this update only if they ask for it so you/we should probably be contacting carriers customer service or whomever to make sure they "ask"!

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
and what if I brick the phone that is still under contract for 23 months and 25 days??? What am I suppose to just toss it in a puddle and pay the deductible LOL?

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
oh and I called and asked at&t and they said return the phones, and credited me the restocking fees and tax... I did not ask for such, that was their answer for me. Not exactly comforting. I'm holding out till Monday to return it I think. I do like it, its just this disappearing keyboard is rediculious

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
oh and I called and asked at&t and they said return the phones, and credited me the restocking fees and tax... I did not ask for such, that was their answer for me. Not exactly comforting. I'm holding out till Monday to return it I think. I do like it, its just this disappearing keyboard is rediculious

MS has come out and said nothing has changed carriers may skip one update but must take the next. Since all US carriers passed they will have to test and roll out 8107 along with the 7740 update. So hopefully all is well for now with the update process!

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
yeah I saw that come out today as well, was just really surprised that at&t immediate response to 'am I getting the update Microsoft has put out for my phone?' was return them, here's your restocking fee.
I don't want to return them. I just want the keyboard to stay put. I like the phone.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
MS has come out and said nothing has changed carriers may skip one update but must take the next. Since all US carriers passed they will have to test and roll out 8107 along with the 7740 update. So hopefully all is well for now with the update process!

I hope this is true!!

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

L

lumic

The Zune software checks if your device is approved to have the update, then lets you update depending on that check. While the carriers drag their feet, carrier testing is a necessity. Carriers even test iPhone updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett