So frustrated with Verizon.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
They have shown absolutely ZERO support for WP. They have released ZERO info about any new devices. They have only said they will not carry any new WP devices unless they have LTE. Well we can see ATT has LTE devices, where are VZW's???

gkrew

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, Microsoft has not worked with the carriers either. It is a two way street and Microsoft may be taking the lead to help carriers and reduce the issues seen regarding WP and stores.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Obviously ATT is jumping on board with Windows Phone. They will be the main carrier. Just like Verizon gets Android exclusives, so will ATT with WP7...thats just the way it is. We will probably always have 1 lower end device on verizon.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Obviously ATT is jumping on board with Windows Phone. They will be the main carrier. Just like Verizon gets Android exclusives, so will ATT with WP7...thats just the way it is. We will probably always have 1 lower end device on verizon.

I'm hoping Verizon has at least one top Windows Phone. The next upgrade at my house is in November, so hopefully by then Nokia will have something really nice for Verizon.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon has at least one top Windows Phone. The next upgrade at my house is in November, so hopefully by then Nokia will have something really nice for Verizon.

I think that will all depend on how well these devices sell and if verizon sees fit to carry a high end wp7.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

AT&T needs something since they no longer are the exclusive iphone carrier. Not to mention verizon always has seemed to get better android devices than at&t with at&t sort of doing what verizon is doing to wp to android devices.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think that will all depend on how well these devices sell and if verizon sees fit to carry a high end wp7.
It's kinda the chicken and the egg syndrome though. They won't see more sales unless they carry the phones and they wont carry the phones unless they see more sales. They'll look to other carriers like ATT and Tmob before making the decision for themselves.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
They are rumored to be getting the Lumia 710. I wonder if it will have LTE like the Ace is supposed to have with a post mango pre tango rom. They could be using that a test bed /gauge for WP sales.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
They are rumored to be getting the Lumia 710. I wonder if it will have LTE like the Ace is supposed to have with a post mango pre tango rom. They could be using that a test bed /gauge for WP sales.

Idk if they would make it lte or if it was even slated for the 710 to have lte?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 710 from Nokia by itself is non-LTE. Verizon can't add LTE to it themselves can they?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 710 from Nokia by itself is non-LTE. Verizon can't add LTE to it themselves can they?

No, but Nokia could still possibly add it to the Verizon version. I don't think the others support CDMA, either, but Nokia will have to change that for Verizon, too.

fdl3

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
They have shown absolutely ZERO support for WP. They have released ZERO info about any new devices. They have only said they will not carry any new WP devices unless they have LTE. Well we can see ATT has LTE devices, where are VZW's???
I share your frustration. I was desperately wanting VZW to release news of their upcoming plans for any new WP phones. What little news has trickled out so far has not been encouraging (and truthfully, I just wanted the sheerest glimmer of hope that new WP phones would be coming from VZW).

Then I realized, even if VZW were to announce news of upcoming WP phones, there would be a considerable delay getting the phones to market. My best, most optimistic guess would be six months at the earliest. In all likelihood, it could be up to a year.

While I was soooo hoping to hear news that VZW would be offering the Nokia 800/900, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Since I did not want to leave VZW at this point in time, I did the next best thing to help encourage VZW to take WP phones seriously - I picked up a set of HTC Trophy phones for me and my wife.

Ah, the HTC Trophy...such an underrated gem of a phone. Thank you HTC!

hittheskids

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to do. My Droid Eris is about done and all Verizon has is the Trophy with the Lumia 710 coming. Is it worth it to wait for the Lumia?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to do. My Droid Eris is about done and all Verizon has is the Trophy with the Lumia 710 coming. Is it worth it to wait for the Lumia?

Try finding a cheap phone on craigslist or something to hold you over at least for a little while to see if any mention of verizon getting any high end wp are announced. That way you aren't stuck signing a contract for a phone you don't really want.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess WP fans that are Verizon customers now know what it was like to be a Verizon customer who wanted the iPhone not too long ago.

hittheskids

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Try finding a cheap phone on craigslist or something to hold you over at least for a little while to see if any mention of verizon getting any high end wp are announced. That way you aren't stuck signing a contract for a phone you don't really want.

I have looked around and everything is $300 - 500, even for used. Absolutely ZERO available in my area on Craigslist and I won't buy unless I can see it.

fdl3

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
IMO, after having seen the Nokia 800/900, for VZW to offer just the Nokia 710 is a slap in the face. I feel better about my purchase of the Trophy over the 710. YMMV! :D

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Unless they make changes to the 710 for Verizon, it will only have 8GB of non-expandable memory vs. 16GB on the Trophy. Both of those numbers are gross numbers so the available storage will be less. I wouldn't touch an 8GB WP device myself, but you may have different needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss