Allowing any size download

anon(5329037)

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Not been able to find a solid answer to this.

How do you enable the phone to download a file of any size? I am being blocked from doing so on relatively small files (30mb). Some messages tell me that it can be changed in settings... But where?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

anon(5329037)

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow, really? No known work around either? Frankly it's not the OS's business what size files I download! They're mostly just podcasts too. I assume streaming them would be "fine" though?

What an odd decision to make!

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really? No known work around either? Frankly it's not the OS's business what size files I download! They're mostly just podcasts too. I assume streaming them would be "fine" though?

What an odd decision to make!

They're trying to prevent people from unknowingly burning through their cellular data. People don't typically look at how big something is, they just download it (or in the case of podcast, subscribe). So they limited file download sizes over cellular to 25meg, you need to be on wifi or on a pc for anything larger.

It would be nice if they just pop up a warning and let you continue over cellular or queue until wifi is available. Maybe in a future update.

anon(5329037)

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
@PG2G Yep, I get what they're doing. I thought it was a good thing (for those without a data plan) - assuming I could turn it off! I have a 2GB data plan for this very purpose.

Oddly it's fine to stream it? Which is not the way I want to do things really...

This is pretty much the only issue I have with the phone.

Follow up question, if anyone is looking in: do we have a schedule on when tethering will arrive on the 800?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro