The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-02-2012 08:09 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    what vid? lol i dont think so unless I missed something :P

EDIT: oh you mean the new VID in the news section bashing android? lol NAAAh thats not me hahaha

LMAO he does remind me of the way i talk ;) F*** BOMB much LOL!

samsung WHO .. HT.C(s)hit.... HAHAH!!
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 04-27-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    04-27-2012 03:30 PM
    This thread disturbs me. People talking about which phone interface entertains them more? Maybe a hobby or something..
    cckgz4 and selfcreation like this.
    04-27-2012 03:45 PM
    this thread disturbs me. People talking about which phone interface entertains them more? Maybe a hobby or something..
    lmao
    04-30-2012 08:26 PM
    Based on this, I think you should go to Android or iOS.

There's no way they are going to "dish some details" about Apollo, future devices or anything of the kind by next month. Forget that. It's not happening. They ARE in a position to be "hush" about this because most of the world doesn't even realize Windows Phone exists and probably 99% of the world doesn't know anything at all about Apollo. We are caught up in a tiny little cluster of WP enthusiasts, it's easy to lose sight of reality. WP has tiny marketshare. Almost NO ONE knows about Apollo even existing, much less when it's coming or has an opinion about which phones will get the updates.

The most "future-proof" smartphone on the market is a new iPhone. Plenty of functionality there. Proven platform. No faith needed. Future support is guaranteed. Every app you will ever want is guaranteed. If these are your priorities, you don't want WP7 and it's no wonder why you come across as a near troll in every thread.

It sounds like your priorities are not at all well-suited to a nascent platform with an uncertain future that is about to undergo a major shift to a whole new kernel.

An iPhone 4S or the iPhone 5 if you can wait until fall, would be ideal for you IMO.
    Will go Android. iOS is just as locked down as this OS can't even sent a sound file off the device without hacking it.

Deleted my Google Account, but will just make another one when the time comes to get a new phone. The fact that ICS actually looks good doesn't hurt either. Can buy a Nexus straight from Google now, so I'll probably do that and avoid the issues OEM Android and WP7 devices have with updates and having to deal with critical bugs (HTC WiFi issues, Disappearing Keyboard, etc.).
    05-01-2012 07:39 AM
    Disappearing whaa?? Oh, yea. I remember that. :)
    05-01-2012 08:02 AM
    Will go Android. iOS is just as locked down as this OS can't even sent a sound file off the device without hacking it.

Deleted my Google Account, but will just make another one when the time comes to get a new phone. The fact that ICS actually looks good doesn't hurt either. Can buy a Nexus straight from Google now, so I'll probably do that and avoid the issues OEM Android and WP7 devices have with updates and having to deal with critical bugs (HTC WiFi issues, Disappearing Keyboard, etc.).
    The Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus has been nothing but a ICS fiasco.

The Nexus S exploded when they pushed ICS and the Galaxy can't keep up with the updates.
    05-01-2012 08:44 AM
    I said having to deal with it. T-Mobile got the 8107 update out. Unfortunately, WiFi is still pretty much useless on my HD7 so I never use it since the phone either:

1. Uses the Data Connection over the WiFi, anyways, while also draining battery at a high rate since the WiFi radio is still on searching, etc.

2. Causes a ton of time-outs because hte phone is switching between the two.

WiFi only works decently sometimes, an only until the phone goes to sleep. Once the phone sleeps, you have to toggle the WiFi to get it to work correctly (if it does) which is a complete PITA for obvious reasons.

Also games like AlphaJax etc. almost never work correctly (Notifications, etc.) when WiFi is on, but they're flawless on the data connection even though T-Mobile 3G speeds (full bars here) are only like 150-250 kbps.

Think that's a bit of a big issue, and a lot of people posted about it at HTC's facebook page a while back.
    05-01-2012 08:47 AM
    The Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus has been nothing but a ICS fiasco.

The Nexus S exploded when they pushed ICS and the Galaxy can't keep up with the updates.
    Nexus S is old as **** I wouldn't touch it.

Galaxy Nexus updates are still faster than OEM WP7 devices, so there's no advantage for this platform when you can get a Galaxy direct from Google.

I wouldn't call that a fiasco, but I understand some people are prone to overreaching :P

DO you think Google would leave the Galaxy Nexus WiFi bugged for 6+ months like the HTC HD7? Probably not. That's why I'd buy from them before I got a phone from HTC or [God forbid] Samsung (#NeverAgain).
    05-01-2012 08:48 AM
    I said having to deal with it. T-Mobile got the 8107 update out. Unfortunately, WiFi is still pretty much useless on my HD7 so I never use it since the phone either:

1. Uses the Data Connection over the WiFi, anyways, while also draining battery at a high rate since the WiFi radio is still on searching, etc.

2. Causes a ton of time-outs because hte phone is switching between the two.

WiFi only works decently sometimes, an only until the phone goes to sleep. Once the phone sleeps, you have to toggle the WiFi to get it to work correctly (if it does) which is a complete PITA for obvious reasons.

Also games like AlphaJax etc. almost never work correctly (Notifications, etc.) when WiFi is on, but they're flawless on the data connection even though T-Mobile 3G speeds (full bars here) are only like 150-250 kbps.

Think that's a bit of a big issue, and a lot of people posted about it at HTC's facebook page a while back.
    Last time I checked my Arrive was made by HTC. WiFi works fine.

Nexus S is old as **** I wouldn't touch it.

Galaxy Nexus updates are still faster than OEM WP7 devices, so there's no advantage for this platform when you can get a Galaxy direct from Google.

I wouldn't call that a fiasco, but I understand some people are prone to overreaching :P
    Yes, and update straight from the source blowing up your device isn't pretty retarded just because the device is old. Who cares that its still a developer device.
    05-01-2012 08:48 AM
    WiFi on my HD7 has been great since pre-NoDo.
    05-01-2012 05:19 PM
    What we need is iMovie for Windows Phone. My iPhone friends keep ridiculing WP for not having that.
    05-02-2012 12:28 AM
    DO you think Google would leave the Galaxy Nexus WiFi bugged for 6+ months like the HTC HD7? Probably not. That's why I'd buy from them before I got a phone from HTC or [God forbid] Samsung (#NeverAgain).
    A Galaxy Nexus IS a Samsung. I'm sorry; simply because Google issues software updates doesn't take away from the fact. The Galaxy Nexus has Samsung written all over it and on it, literally.
    05-02-2012 12:47 AM
    A Galaxy Nexus IS a Samsung. I'm sorry; simply because Google issues software updates doesn't take away from the fact. The Galaxy Nexus has Samsung written all over it and on it, literally.
    I think I know this. The whole issue with Samsung isn't the devices themselves, it's their support. Curring Samsung out from the support side gives you a good buy. I'll never buy another Carrier-branded non-Google updated Samsung device ...

Ever. You could have used deduction to arrive at that point. Not sure what the response was aimed to accomplish.
    05-02-2012 07:58 AM
    Last time I checked my Arrive was made by HTC. WiFi works fine.
    WiFi on teh HD7 doesn't work fine for a lot of people. WorksForMe is just not something I'm going to argue with anymore. I stopped doing that a few years ago with the Linux fanatics.

Yes, and update straight from the source blowing up your device isn't pretty retarded just because the device is old. Who cares that its still a developer device.
    No, I just don't care because I'm not going to buy an old device. Why should it matter what happens to them when they get the ICS update. Why should I care about the price of tea in China?
    05-02-2012 08:00 AM
    WiFi on my HD7 has been great since pre-NoDo.
    More WorksForMe™ ...

WP7.5 chooses Data connection over Wifi - Microsoft Answers
    HTC HD7 - Using Data Connection instead of WiFi after tethering update?

Phones reported in the reports:

Titan
    Optimus 7
    Omnia 7
    *HD7*
    7 Trophy
    Radar

many others. Almost every type of WP7 device has seen this issue reported.

If you have a fast 3G connection, you may not even notice it. Unfortunately, with full bars T-Mobile has less than 250kbps HSPA data speeds here, so it's very noticeable (pages that take 3 seconds to load on WiFi take like 10-15 seconds to load on the data connection).

Only way to fix it is to disable your data connection or disable and then reenable WiFi, but the issue continues to reoccur throghout the day because of the way WP7 turns your WiFi off whenever your device screen goes off when it's not on a charger. Once that happens when you turn the phone back on the WiFi turns on but the phone continues to use only the data connection instead - it also leads to terrible battery life (have had my phone go from 100% to 30% in under 3 hours doing absolutely nothing because of it, that is why I stopped using WiFi period - I get over 20 hours with the WiFi off now).

This has been a common issue and it was introduced in Mango.

If you have great data speeds in your area it's possible you're getting it and just not noticing it. Others aren't so fortunate.

For now I just deal with the 250k data speeds. I'm moving carriers imminently and just use my iTouch as my smart device in the meantime. The WiFi on it works properly.

It's not necessarily an HTC or HD7 issue, it's a WP7 issue judging by the variety of devices seeing this problem.
    Last edited by N8ter; 05-02-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    05-02-2012 08:09 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD