The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hello Everyone!

Over the holidays I made the painful decision to switch from my Pre 3 to an HTC Titan. I love WP7 and my Titan but I have a few questions.

1- For some reason almost all of my contacts (over 600) have their mobile number saved in Google's 'other' field on gmail. This wasn't a problem on webOS as it showed and allowed me to text all numbers. On WP7 all of these contacts appear, but without any phone numbers listed. Aside from logging into gmail and manually changing every phone number is there a work around?

2- With webOS I am used to flicking cards off the screen. I listen to a lot of music through Zune on my Titan. Do I simply hit pause when I'm done? The music remains on the lock screen but is not playing. I want to be sure I'm not draining battery or anything.

3- Best Google Voice client?

4- Does the 'People' hub really bring in all tweets and status updates or is it selective? i find myself going there first but then opening my facebook app and finding more updates. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks so much for your feedback, I hope to stick with WP7 for a while!!
    01-06-2012 09:54 AM
    2- With webOS I am used to flicking cards off the screen. I listen to a lot of music through Zune on my Titan. Do I simply hit pause when I'm done? The music remains on the lock screen but is not playing. I want to be sure I'm not draining battery or anything.

4- Does the 'People' hub really bring in all tweets and status updates or is it selective? i find myself going there first but then opening my facebook app and finding more updates. Is there a way to resolve this?
    2 - Yeah, just hit pause. There is no real "stop" but it shouldn't be doing any processing because its paused. The Zune desktop software actually only has play/pause as well

4 - Because Windows Phone is considered an app, if a user configures their profile to block apps from pulling their info then they wont show up in your feed. That is the only case I think of where the Facebook app should have something that the hub doesn't.
    pavvento likes this.
    01-06-2012 10:12 AM
    Hello Everyone!

Over the holidays I made the painful decision to switch from my Pre 3 to an HTC Titan. I love WP7 and my Titan but I have a few questions.

1- For some reason almost all of my contacts (over 600) have their mobile number saved in Google's 'other' field on gmail. This wasn't a problem on webOS as it showed and allowed me to text all numbers. On WP7 all of these contacts appear, but without any phone numbers listed. Aside from logging into gmail and manually changing every phone number is there a work around?

I found this out on the web not in the forums wnt there first http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9-79e463b81644 will look for the other threads now.

3- Best Google Voice client?

Thanks so much for your feedback, I hope to stick with WP7 for a while!!
    1. Thats seems to be a common issue with gmail. There are several other threads here at WPC on possible resolutions. I dont remember for sure but I will do some searching and see if I can find a solution other than manual changing which would as you say be quite cumbersome.

heres a thread I found here at WPC with a possible solution

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ion/183838.htm
    Last edited by jfa1; 01-06-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    pavvento likes this.
    01-06-2012 10:53 AM
    1. Thats seems to be a common issue with gmail. There are several other threads here at WPC on possible resolutions. I dont remember for sure but I will do some searching and see if I can find a solution other than manual changing which would as you say be quite cumbersome.

heres a thread I found here at WPC with a possible solution

http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ion/183838.htm
    Thanks a lot! I am going to give that a try. I also opened a thread on webosnations because many of my contacts have no numbers listed, but then in the 'notes' field shows:

--- Palm data (do not modify) ---
    @palm@{"numbers":["+numbers are here"]}@palm@

Hopefully I can get this all sorted out soon!
    01-06-2012 11:16 AM
    -Export all Gmail contacts to Outlook CSV
    -Open CSV in your editor (I used Excel)
    -Delete the Notes column (in Excel click the top of the column and hit delete)
    -Save your CSV
    -Delete all contacts in Gmail (Don’t panic, Gmail has an easy to use recovery feature if you screw up)
    -With Gmail Contacts empty, use Gmail’s import utility to import the contacts you exported in the above step from Windows Live
    -Go to your Microsoft Windows 7 Phone and sync
    01-06-2012 12:35 PM
    -Export all Gmail contacts to Outlook CSV
    -Open CSV in your editor (I used Excel)
    -Delete the Notes column (in Excel click the top of the column and hit delete)
    -Save your CSV
    -Delete all contacts in Gmail (Don’t panic, Gmail has an easy to use recovery feature if you screw up)
    -With Gmail Contacts empty, use Gmail’s import utility to import the contacts you exported in the above step from Windows Live
    -Go to your Microsoft Windows 7 Phone and sync
    Thanks, I've got all this done but I'm stuck at import. I select the CSV that I saved but nothing happens. My contact list is empty.

EDIT: I needed to logout and log back in.
    01-06-2012 02:00 PM
    Thanks, I've got all this done but I'm stuck at import. I select the CSV that I saved but nothing happens. My contact list is empty.

EDIT: I needed to logout and log back in.
    Did you get it or not? You export it to the CSV and open it with Excel. Should be a bigass list and you just delete the entire "Notes" column, save it and reimport
    01-06-2012 02:37 PM
    Got it! Thanks everyone for your help. I did a simple replace of 'other' to 'mobile' and now all my phone numbers show up!
    01-06-2012 04:02 PM
    Great glad you figured it out and got it fixed. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!
    01-06-2012 07:27 PM