People hub glitch, am I alone? Is there a fix?

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Basically, one of my friends facebook's have stopped being updated for about 2 weeks out of the blue on the people hub. Everyone else from the looks of it is updating fine, but it is possible there are others. This is one of my best friends and I check his status all time so I noticed this one right away. I can't seem to get it to update no matter what I do and I asked him if he changed any security settings (he said no). It is not because of the new timeline format since I checked to see if others on the new format were updating fine and they are. When I unlinked his facebook from his other contact info it did finally change his profile picture to its current one, but the wall (or "what's new") is not up to date.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix or suggested fixes for this?

Neibl
Thanks in advance!

Chris Coyle

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to the FB website on your desktop and see if there is a change in the settings for his posts to either update daily, once in a while , or not at all. My wife changed on me somehow and I found the setting to fix there. Had to do it using the desk top web site though. Good luck.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to fix setting on the website, but nothing seems to work.

As for a manual sync, I am assuming you mean a long hold and hit refresh on the "what's new" section which did not work either. I also hard reset my phone few times for another reason and that didn't fix it either so it is probably either his settings or a glitch I can't fix for now. No big deal just may start using the facebook app again.

klocker2

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It has something to do with his settings whether he realizes it or not. It has something to do with 3rd party apps and feeds etc...

I had same issue out of the blue last week and texted my buddy and asked him to loosen up his privacy settings. 10 minutes later it was back. sometimes FB resets some of those privacy settings. I have several people who's feeds I can not see in People hub due to their settings.

gpsi

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to people, tap the ... , go to settings, and then scroll down to your facebook account under there. Hold it, and try the sync option. Should work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss