Keyboard Accuracy gone down?

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me... even though I don't have a WP, and it doesn't really relate to this conversation but I've noticed with Virtual Keyboards in general accuracy is low. I've tried so many keyboards on my Android device and still find that I have to either type slow or type fast and make a bunch of mistakes I normally wouldn't make. I have had quite a few phones with physical keyboard, but I've had my DInc for 2 years now I believe and I'm still trying to adjust to different keyboards.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me... even though I don't have a WP, and it doesn't really relate to this conversation but I've noticed with Virtual Keyboards in general accuracy is low. I've tried so many keyboards on my Android device and still find that I have to either type slow or type fast and make a bunch of mistakes I normally wouldn't make. I have had quite a few phones with physical keyboard, but I've had my DInc for 2 years now I believe and I'm still trying to adjust to different keyboards.

You need to try a phone with NoDo on it then. Until you try that, I can understand why you are saying that because I feel the exact same way. Android, iPhone......neither came close to the NoDo keyboard. Mango keyboard is still better than those other ones IMO, but nothing has ever touched NoDo's virtual keyboard.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to try a phone with NoDo on it then. Until you try that, I can understand why you are saying that because I feel the exact same way. Android, iPhone......neither came close to the NoDo keyboard. Mango keyboard is still better than those other ones IMO, but nothing has ever touched NoDo's virtual keyboard.

Yeah, I hate the iPhone keyboard. I've picked up my sisters iPod Touch every now and again and I've used a few friends iPhone's to help them with stuff and I can't stand it. I've used the HTC Sense keyboard, GO Free Keyboard, Swiftkey X Free keyboard, and now using the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard on my Android.... and I can't stand them. Maybe due to fat fingers, the buttons are just to small I don't know but I have to type slow to be accurate.

I wish I had a WP device. -_- Too expensive or I'd pick one up.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I really dislike the Windows Phone keyboard but I heard the other options are even worse. I'm tired of pressing the shift key instead of back =(

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I really dislike the Windows Phone keyboard but I heard the other options are even worse. I'm tired of pressing the shift key instead of back =(

I don't get it, are you talking about backspace?

How can you press the shift key instead of backspace when they're on completely opposite places of the keyboard? It makes no sense :confused:

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

On the stock Gingerbread Android keyboard, that button usually turns into an emoticon button. I constantly hit it, and put emoticons in random places that don't need them. Since default tap is just :) I hit it at the worst times happen, because of hitting that button. Being serious or something and then it's all like :) annoys me.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I updated to the 8107 for my Lumia 710 recently and I've noticed that my keyboard accuracy has also gone down...it was pretty good before the update as it would replace any mis-spelled words..but now, it does that less...for example, i typed in "bbut"...it left it as that and didn't even fix it to "but" w/ 1 "b" :s

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I updated to the 8107 for my Lumia 710 recently and I've noticed that my keyboard accuracy has also gone down...it was pretty good before the update as it would replace any mis-spelled words..but now, it does that less...for example, i typed in "bbut"...it left it as that and didn't even fix it to "but" w/ 1 "b" :s

Did you receive an official update or did you do te forced method through CAB sender? Or did you debt and yor device?

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can touch type np on the tiny iTouch keyboard (well, same size as iPhone, anyways). I can touch type fast, with high accuracy cause the keyboard accuracy is so high (the auto correct is another matter altogether :p ).

I never had issues on Android with the virtual keyboard. The FroYo and Samsung Keyboards were both very accurate for me and I could type really fast on them. The stock GB keyboard is even better and the ICS keyboars is way better than even the GB keyboard. Motorola's Multi-Touch keyboard is top of the line (HTC Android keyboard has a funky layout, IMO). The layout on the Samsung keyboard was more of an issue. I used Swiftkey and my keyboard accuracy map was right on target despite the fact that I typed like 40+ WPM on that smartphone. I could literally type on that without ever looking at the keyboard and I made very few errors, ever.

The WP7 keyboard had great accuracy up until NoDo. After that, it's borderline useless. I used to use my WP7 device to do all my messaging and emailing because the accuracy was simply superior. Couple that with a bigger screen, it was typing heaven. Now it's virtually useless. The keyboard was one of the reasons I basically stopped using my HD7 before I sold my Vibrant, but now I'm forced to deal with it for a while. I cannot type one sentence on that keyboard without making numerous errors. There are times when I know I'm pressing the right letter but it picks the letter next to it several times in a row.

It's embarassingly bad nowadays.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro