Changing layout to tile view?

ElGuaje Villa07

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

This is my first windows phone (omnia 7) and i am very impressed so far. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is it possible to change the app layout to a tiled scrolling view (similar to that found on iphone and android phones) as i am not too keen on the standard scrolling down layout.

2. Is it possible to install certain android/and or apple apps on the device?, i am looking for the NHL GAMECENTER APP so i can watch live hockey games on my phone but its not available in windows marketplace.

Thanks.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi ElGuaje Villa07, my previous phone was an Omnia 7, loved it.

You can only pin your most used apps to the home screen from your app list and move them about that way.

You can't change the homescreen view from the tile view.

No you can only run Windows Phone apps on your Omnia 7.

You'll have to keep nagging the creators of the NHL Gameceter App to make a WP version.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

This is my first windows phone (omnia 7) and i am very impressed so far. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Is it possible to change the app layout to a tiled scrolling view (similar to that found on iphone and android phones) as i am not too keen on the standard scrolling down layout.

2. Is it possible to install certain android/and or apple apps on the device?, i am looking for the NHL GAMECENTER APP so i can watch live hockey games on my phone but its not available in windows marketplace.

Thanks.

1. No, sorry. That is essentially the Windows Phone experience. I do find it odd that on Windows 8, we will be scrolling left and right, but on Windows Phone 7, we scroll up and down. Maybe they will have more options in future updates, but as for now, there isn't.

2. The closest app I think you can find would be ESPN ScoreCenter. It lets you add any sports and teams and will give you the latest scores and news about them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros