The Anti-WP7 carrier bias continues.

dbld_INDY

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
i guess windows phone users are the only hope for windows phone to correct the wrong
I think if we and our wp phone enthuistists try this process one a day over the next month. We might see nice windows phones on both Sprint and Verizon.

This was tonight on let's say Verizone's self help chat.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Natonia'

Natonia: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: hello

Natonia: Hi.

You: a guy from work said a lot of very cools windows phones were comming out this week. I only see on on your web site? is this right.

You: should I be looking under another page?

Natonia: I will be more than happy to assist you. We have the HTC trophy that is a windows phone.

You: ya, but that one came out last summer. there were some new ones due out from either Nokia and HTC, they did not let you get any of them to sell;?

You: that does not sound fair. you should get the good stuff too. should'nt u?

You: Buying a HTC trophy is like trying to get a two year old Iphone. not that interesting.

Natonia: Yes, I understand your concern and wish I had access to updates on phones that may come out. I can assist you with what is offered online now.

You: do you think that some day they will let you buy so so you can sell some too?

Natonia: To make sure that I understand, do you mind rephrasing your question?

You: you are real good company too, right?

Natonia: Yes, we have great, reliable service.

You: do you think that Nokia and HTC will let Verozone buy the new phones so that you can then sell them to me?

Natonia: I have no access to that type of information but can give you the number to customer care to see if that are able to verify that.

Natonia: I assist with ordering steps online.

You: OK, thanks for your help, hopefully you will some day have a great windows phone I would be happy to call my own.

Very simple. we get 300000 other folks to do this once a day takes about 1o min on both sprint and verizon. The great phones that ATT gobbeled up will come to us by Mobile World Congress. Fight the POWER !:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think if we and our wp phone enthuistists try this process one a day over the next month. We might see nice windows phones on both Sprint and Verizon.

This was tonight on let's say Verizone's self help chat.

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Natonia'

Natonia: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: hello

Natonia: Hi.

You: a guy from work said a lot of very cools windows phones were comming out this week. I only see on on your web site? is this right.

You: should I be looking under another page?

Natonia: I will be more than happy to assist you. We have the HTC trophy that is a windows phone.

You: ya, but that one came out last summer. there were some new ones due out from either Nokia and HTC, they did not let you get any of them to sell;?

You: that does not sound fair. you should get the good stuff too. should'nt u?

You: Buying a HTC trophy is like trying to get a two year old Iphone. not that interesting.

Natonia: Yes, I understand your concern and wish I had access to updates on phones that may come out. I can assist you with what is offered online now.

You: do you think that some day they will let you buy so so you can sell some too?

Natonia: To make sure that I understand, do you mind rephrasing your question?

You: you are real good company too, right?

Natonia: Yes, we have great, reliable service.

You: do you think that Nokia and HTC will let Verozone buy the new phones so that you can then sell them to me?

Natonia: I have no access to that type of information but can give you the number to customer care to see if that are able to verify that.

Natonia: I assist with ordering steps online.

You: OK, thanks for your help, hopefully you will some day have a great windows phone I would be happy to call my own.

Very simple. we get 300000 other folks to do this once a day takes about 1o min on both sprint and verizon. The great phones that ATT gobbeled up will come to us by Mobile World Congress. Fight the POWER !:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Not to be a grammar nazi but with all those errors and misspellings I am surprised she could even read what you wrote.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm generally the bastion of information with phones amongst my friends (although I do have other techy friends, one of whom swears by his iPhone 4 and Xperia Play and calls WP <CENSORED>), and as someone who has used 4 of the major smartphone platforms (iOS, BB OS, Android, and Windows Phone), I am in a strong position to know who suits what.

Surprisingly, many of my friends would suit a Windows Phone, and am generally happy to recommend them. The speed of my TITAN and lack of lag is amazing for many of those friends. In fact, one of my friends recently got himself the HTC Radar. (And I may have also converted my Android-using best friend to Windows Phone, as opposed to her getting an iPhone)

Here in the UK, carriers like to push the iPhone like it's going out of fashion (see what I did there؟) and for those who can't/won't get an iPhone for whatever reason, they heavily push Android. In fact, I've heard people openly blast my HTC TITAN for being laggy, despite me showing them it isn't! Could they be scared fanboys‽

Last edited:

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I never really saw many people with a palm and bb was only something people used because at first that was the best available. Most of the girls and those who had a bb switched as soon as the iphone was available they only had a bb because nothing else was available. 99% of people know what they want when they go into store and no matter what the rep says will not change their minds. Trust me I see it all the time. Maybe in your area some like wp but since last year I have seen 3 people with a wp and I am around various groups of people through work. It used to be mainly bb now it is iphones and android. People want "cool phones" and unless the other carriers start getting high end wp devices most will not pick say a trophy over a iphone or android even if it may perform on par with the android and iphones.
I disagree. My sister is a common example. She has very average tech IQ (one way to put it-she doesn't know much about phones) and went into buy a WP7 phone. The rep WOULDN"T show her the phone and told her it is buggy and sold her an android phone. Average consumer takes the Reps (who they believe are the experts) 'opinions' as fact. WP7 is doomed unless carriers change the tactics.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. My sister is a common example. She has very average tech IQ (one way to put it-she doesn't know much about phones) and went into buy a WP7 phone. The rep WOULDN"T show her the phone and told her it is buggy and sold her an android phone. Average consumer takes the Reps (who they believe are the experts) 'opinions' as fact. WP7 is doomed unless carriers change the tactics.

Well if the carriers won't even show a phone then yeah it won't sell. The reps in my area don't really push one phone over another, they more ask what the person wants and if they are unsure they usually ask what they use the phone for mostly and go from there. To know they don't push just android and iphones the rep one time tried to sell me a bb..

skillit0

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Here in the UK, carriers like to push the iPhone like it's going out of fashion (see what I did there؟) and for those who can't/won't get an iPhone for whatever reason, they heavily push Android. In fact, I've heard people openly blast my HTC TITAN for being laggy, despite me showing them it isn't! Could they be scared fanboys‽

I agree with this. I took a long time before making my decision for the arrive in the states and every sprint store I went to did not know how to even work the arrive. I had to practically show the Reps how to use the phone. The good thing was that it was on display right in the midst of all the other phones.

I ended up getting my phone from a Best Buy. They are still alittle biased but they have more knowledge there from what I can tell.

GarpWP

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who is a regional IT manager for a major mobile carrier and he is "forbidden to use the windows phone". He is able to choose any other phone/OS he wants except the WP.

I am guessing there are a few behind the scenes inter-corporate issues that need to be hashed out. But that's just my guess.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who is a regional IT manager for a major mobile carrier and he is "forbidden to use the windows phone". He is able to choose any other phone/OS he wants except the WP.

I am guessing there are a few behind the scenes inter-corporate issues that need to be hashed out. But that's just my guess.

Come on... you could tell us who this major mobile carrier is! It's not like you're revealing what region your friend works in.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this. I took a long time before making my decision for the arrive in the states and every sprint store I went to did not know how to even work the arrive. I had to practically show the Reps how to use the phone. The good thing was that it was on display right in the midst of all the other phones.

I ended up getting my phone from a Best Buy. They are still alittle biased but they have more knowledge there from what I can tell.

Haha, I read reviews, etc, and was set on the TITAN (as I wanted to try WP7, only the TITAN had everything I wanted that was from HTC). I went into the store, and said I want the TITAN. No fannying about, I went in and from the word go that rep knew I was getting a HTC TITAN, whether she liked it or not. It was a case of the tone in my voice was "You can either sell me a HTC TITAN or Carphone Warehouse won't get my money". Think I scared the poor rep half to death. Feel slightly bad about that, she was a lovely rep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb