New to Windows Phone, help!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you need to talk with someone at Verizon that will actually tell you something. If you get the same girl, insist on someone else that will be more helpful.

Sure, she fixed one of your issues. But since she didn't tell you what was really specifically wrong, you're unable to fix it on your own when things go off. She probably wants you to return the phone so she could sell you something with more commission.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas.

I went to a verizon store and they got my picture messages working. She told me I had no data setup but refused to answer why since my verizon account says I have used over 2MB already. I literally asked her why it wasn't on and she didn't say anything (she was rude overall but that's beside the point lol). I also had data turned on in my settings the whole time.

I still cannot figure out why Gmail won't work. I confirmed to her at the store twice that I was entering the right password but it will only ever say "Attention required" and ask me for my password again. When I logged into Windows Live it worked the first time. I'm really at a loss.

WP7, I can verify that I can add Gmail accounts left and right and have never had any problems. I don't think its the phone itself, maybe something with how your Vzw account got setup?

wp7

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For reference, it turns out that the Google problem is related to the two-step security verification I enabled a long time ago. It required that I set up the device manually online with its own password.

I'm still satisfied with my Android choice, however, because picture messages now work just fine and also I can connect better with my friends who all have Android or iPhones.

I wasn't sold anything, I brought my phone back to the Verizon store and simply said I want to exchange this and then picked out my new phone.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
For reference, it turns out that the Google problem is related to the two-step security verification I enabled a long time ago. It required that I set up the device manually online with its own password.

I'm still satisfied with my Android choice, however, because picture messages now work just fine and also I can connect better with my friends who all have Android or iPhones.

I wasn't sold anything, I brought my phone back to the Verizon store and simply said I want to exchange this and then picked out my new phone.
Yup... exactly what I stated in my previous post. A lot of customers have enabled this and forget.

Enjoy your decision... personally, if it was gonna be between Android and iOS, I would have went the iOS route.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo