Using Windows Mango as WiFi Card

sol_labco

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to extend the tethering feature of Windows Mango (7.5) so that it can be used in place of a wireless network card on a device (say a laptop)?

I have a HTC Titan

Scenario:

My laptop is a few years old and the Wireless Network card is starting to fail quite dramatically. I will buy a new laptop soon but if i can hold off fo a couple of months it would be very financially beneficial.

With my old HTC HD2 i was able to connect my phones to my Laptop using the USB cable and use the Phones WiFi connection and share the local network connection with my laptop. I can't see anyway to do this in the current Windows Mango environment.

NOTE: This is different to using my phones data plane (Mobile Internet / 3G) for internet access. I have a broadband connection and wireless router at home, but i want to use my phones connection to it and share it with my laptop.

Regards,

SOL.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey SOL .. WELCOME TO WPCENTRAL! :D:D:D

in theory you can do it ( my phone in my country doesnt even have WIFI hotspot yet :S lol )

but if you have the update with Internet sharing you can for sure.

basicly activate your WIFI ( connect it to your home internet , witch AUTOMATICALLY disables your DATA connecting )

then simply activate Internet sharing on your phone ( tethering ) and connect it to your PC VIA USB ( like you did on your HD2 )

sadly if your carrier doesn't support tethering like my carrier you simply wont be able to do it :(

if it does support it , you should have the tethering option ( internet sharing ) in the WIFI or DATA section in your settings.

hope this helps :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos