How Microsoft could gain an easy 5-10% marketshare with Windows Phone...

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
They do it because they need to prove to themselves they didn't just waste their money.

That's just idiotic. The idea that millions of iPhone users are doing all these cool things like video editing and enjoying it just irks the **** out of you. Maybe you are trying to justify why you are paying so much for a WP7 and not getting 1/2 the functionality of an iPhone.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yet people manage fine on iPhone's 3.5" screen - just sayin'.

Thats great! Apple does a great job with the multimedia/entertainment industry I expect nothing less. But I still prefer my WP when it comes to recording video then editing it on my PC then playing it on my Xbox. Call me "old school" but I rather edit on my 3x1080 eyefinity rig rather than a 3.5 inch screen. It would take me 10 mins to edit on my PC and maybe 20 - 30 mins on a phone.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Thats great! Apple does a great job with the multimedia/entertainment industry I expect nothing less. But I still prefer my WP when it comes to recording video then editing it on my PC then playing it on my Xbox. Call me "old school" but I rather edit on my 3x1080 eyefinity rig rather than a 3.5 inch screen. It would take me 10 mins to edit on my PC and maybe 20 - 30 mins on a phone.

You are missing the point. Imagine you're at a ski resort and you've just recorded this unbelievable video and you won't get back home for another few days. But the iPhone will allow you to create a little movie out of it and post it on Twitter/FB within an hour. That's the kind of "little miracles" that surround the iPhone. Sure most people will never use iMovie on iPhone, but it's apps like that give it that magic halo that makes it a 100% must buy for miilions.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That's just idiotic. The idea that millions of iPhone users are doing all these cool things like video editing and enjoying it just irks the **** out of you. Maybe you are trying to justify why you are paying so much for a WP7 and not getting 1/2 the functionality of an iPhone.

Are Windows phones and iPhones priced the same? I thought WP's were cheaper I could be wrong but regardless I would pay more for a WP than go back to an iPhone thats how much I love this platform.

I don't need all of that functionality I just need a phone that works right out of the box. I deal with computer issues everyday the last thing I want is dealing with issues on my phone or customizing downloading apps etc on it. I have a PC for that.

WP is more like a companion to its PC counterpart you can say iPhone is the evolution of a PC and WP is the evolution of a phone and thats how I see it.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
You are missing the point. Imagine you're at a ski resort and you've just recorded this unbelievable video and you won't get back home for another few days. But the iPhone will allow you to create a little movie out of it and post it on Twitter/FB within an hour. That's the kind of "little miracles" that surround the iPhone. Sure most people will never use iMovie on iPhone, but it's apps like that give it that magic halo that makes it a 100% must buy for miilions.

Sure yes if you carry one device with you thats amazing you can do that. But for me I carry a phone and a laptop on me if I travel especially if I need to do that.

Now say if I was in that situation I would record the clip and upload parts of it then I will edit it and re-upload it with all the goodies.

As long as I can video record and upload im ok but thats from my POV

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I probably would have taken my laptop with me if I were going to be there over night. If I weren't going to be there over night I wouldn't want to waste an hour of my one day ski trip making a video on my iPhone. Honestly, if you are so in love with the iPhone (which is a good phone) and hate WP so much, why are you even here?

EDIT: And I don't think it irks anyone (other than you maybe) that iPhone users are enjoying the features of their phone. We are enjoying the features of our phones, and if we weren't we would switch to a phone we did enjoy. I for one am not OS loyal (I have devices running 4 different OS's within arms reach right now). They all have pros and cons. If iOS's pros are better for you, by all means get an iPhone. Most of us here have decided that WP offers better pros for us than iOS.

M

mkr10001

Hahah it's you that's getting irked by the fact that I like my phone and don't want an iPhone and couldn't care less about video editing.

Why are you even on here if you just want to bad mouth WP and praise the iPhone? Seriously?

M

mkr10001

Nothing is that important that you can't wait to get home and do a PROPER JOB of editing it.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

But you know what this is pretty cool if you need it do it right at the spot so say if your up in the mountains snowboarding and you recorded this awesome video. So instead of snowboarding and having fun Im gonna chill up here edit this video and upload it. Thats pretty cool! I can't do that on my WP thats for sure and I don't even think I can get signal up there.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hahah it's you that's getting irked by the fact that I like my phone and don't want an iPhone and couldn't care less about video editing.

Why are you even on here if you just want to bad mouth WP and praise the iPhone? Seriously?

He is just a troll (as far as I can see). The fact he thinks millions of people edit movies on their phone is laughable. I am sure the number of people who do that is in the four maybe low five digit range.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's neat that they can edit their videos. It really is.

But it's nowhere near a deal breaker for me. I do my editing on a PC.

But I can understand why it's a deal breaker for some people. And those people should get an iPhone. Not a big deal.

If someone told me, "It's important for me to be able to edit video clips on my phone."

I'd answer, "WP doesn't have an app for that yet. But the iPhone does."

No drama.

LexusFman

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Ignore the troll.

Anyway, back to the original topic. I don't see a Forza mobile comming to WP7, EVER. As a avid sim racing fan, the touchscreen controls/accelerometer would limit the controls so much. The steering would be fine, but braking and throttle would be severley limited. In sim racing games, smooth steering, throttle control, and braking are all extremley important and cannot be implimented when the touch screen only gives the user 2 throttle and brake positions (on/off). It's not a problem in the arcade racers but for a sim it would suck. It's one of the main reasons steering controlers are so popular. Also, I have no Idea how manual shifting could be implemented. Maybe a Project Gotham Racing mobile?

As far as Halo, they don't need to hire iPhone devs to make it for WP7. They have Bungie and 343 Studios :cool:

I think they need Multiplayer on WP7 Xbox Live and you shouldn't have to pay for it either.

L

lumic

Age of Empires or their similar RTS offerings. They can tone them down if the touchscreen proves to be an extremely limiting factor (you obviously won't be able to execute as many commands in the same amount of time without keyboard shortcuts and a mouse), but they have all the stuff there. Porting and adjusting seems like much less work than trying to establish a balanced game (very difficult from what I see with ARMED) from scratch. Such games also have real replay value.

I think they need Multiplayer on WP7 Xbox Live and you shouldn't have to pay for it either.
This is true. I also think it's pretty dumb that they bundle multiplayer support on the console into a subscription. It should be free, period. On the phone, I don't think there's any way they could get away with charging for online - it's already annoying to many of us that XBL titles are priced at premiums due to achievements that we don't care for. XBL has what, 40 million subscribers? They're planning to sell more than 40 million Windows Phones, right?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I feel the biggest thing MS needs to do to bolster market share is what they are doing with the 900: give carrier reps a reason to actually SELL the damn thing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077