01-16-2012 03:12 AM
58 123
tools
    "i'm not from us so i don't get why people want to stick to carrier that doesn't offer what they want"

Best advise I've heard so far.

T-M certainly isn't very interested in providing you, the customer what they want so why show them loyalty?

That or you simply need to have some patience and wait until a decent WP comes T-M's way. AT&T is the 800lb Gorilla in the house. They get what they want!
    01-13-2012 12:27 PM
    T-M certainly isn't very interested in providing you, the customer what they want so why show them loyalty?
    From what I've picked up on from other threads on here, it seems that in the US a lot of people are on "Family" or "Business" deals and the like, where they get a bunch of handsets and a single bill that covers all the family. That said, unless there is some underlying reason; if you're unhappy, find a network that has good reception in your area and carries a phone you like and make the switch.

Certainly here in the UK people swap networks all the time. My last upgrade was the first time I've kept the same carrier (Vodafone UK) for a second contract simply because I get a much better deal and much better handset than I could find on other networks.

I don't understand people who stick religiously with one carrier, you get zero reward from them whether you're paying 10 or 60 a month and they offer zero incentives for sticking with them.
    01-13-2012 03:02 PM
    Hang in there with your HD7. I know it seems real disappointing right now, but look at T-Mobile and their situation:

1) They just crawled out from the AT&T purchase fiasco. Truthfully, how could this company look into 2012 and have any consistent idea of products or devices when they had no clue where they would be in ownership? Had it gone through, it would have been even worse, as AT&T would have had to dump customers and markets to make it work. I am surprised they have the Radar and the 710 with all that uncertainty.

2) T-Mo has been very supportive of WP, so you know it will continue. First with the Mango device in the US? Radar on T-Mo. First with a Nokia in the US? 710 on T-Mo. Wasn't the HD7 the first W7? (Pretty sure.) That kind of loyalty will be rewarded.

3) At this point, why not wait a few more months with a phone you at least still like on the carrier you prefer to see what Apollo brings T-Mo's way? You may not have to comprimise even a little bit. You might end up with a MONSTER WP8. I would gamble on that. As a matter of a fact, I did- holding out to see what goodies AT&T and WP would produce, knowing that AT&T was a good supporter with a good history. I got my Focus S for a penny.

Hold in there, buddy. Come off the ledge. It will be alright.......
    tbonenga likes this.
    01-13-2012 03:15 PM
    Hang in there with your HD7. I know it seems real disappointing right now, but look at T-Mobile and their situation:

1) They just crawled out from the AT&T purchase fiasco. Truthfully, how could this company look into 2012 and have any consistent idea of products or devices when they had no clue where they would be in ownership? Had it gone through, it would have been even worse, as AT&T would have had to dump customers and markets to make it work. I am surprised they have the Radar and the 710 with all that uncertainty.

2) T-Mo has been very supportive of WP, so you know it will continue. First with the Mango device in the US? Radar on T-Mo. First with a Nokia in the US? 710 on T-Mo. Wasn't the HD7 the first W7? (Pretty sure.) That kind of loyalty will be rewarded.

3) At this point, why not wait a few more months with a phone you at least still like on the carrier you prefer to see what Apollo brings T-Mo's way? You may not have to comprimise even a little bit. You might end up with a MONSTER WP8. I would gamble on that. As a matter of a fact, I did- holding out to see what goodies AT&T and WP would produce, knowing that AT&T was a good supporter with a good history. I got my Focus S for a penny.

I agree with hanging in there, but if they didn't have contingency plans which at&t had (seeing as they still made a purchase for spectrum after the deal fell through), then that's not a company you wanna do business with. I think they do have them, but keep in mind, it's not easy getting exclusives. Getting the 900 would cost a lot more and AT&T has that to burn.
    01-13-2012 06:07 PM
    Verizon will turn down a Microsoft device not knowing what it will bring to their business. They have the iPhone without 4G but the iPhone sells so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus S} using Board Express
    01-13-2012 06:17 PM

Easy for you to say you have a good phone, I am stuck with a Nokia Nuron and I don't think I can hold out much longer I want a Windows phone!
    01-13-2012 06:19 PM
    Easy for you to say you have a good phone, I am stuck with a Nokia Nuron and I don't think I can hold out much longer I want a Windows phone!
    Stop holding on! The 710 is pretty nice. If I was on T-mobile, I would have gotten that one.

If you want wp7, either wait it out a bit more or hop on over to AT&T :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-13-2012 06:24 PM
    Stop holding on! The 710 is pretty nice. If I was on T-mobile, I would have gotten that one.

T-Mobile is going to launch two new devices on February 15th. I am eligible for a new phone on Feb 16th, maybe I will get lucky and one of those will be a new Window's phone.
    snowmutt and tbonenga like this.
    01-13-2012 06:46 PM
    Verizon will turn down a Microsoft device not knowing what it will bring to their business. They have the iPhone without 4G but the iPhone sells so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus S} using Board Express
    The iphone also came out months ago. These new wp are just coming out now so yeah it should have lte.
    01-13-2012 07:14 PM
    Sad to say but I will probably get another Android phone. I cant wait another 4-6 months just for Verizon to announce that they are working on a WP and it will be another 4-6 months.
    01-13-2012 07:52 PM
    im not from us so i don't get why people want to stick to carrier that doesn't offer what they want
    Did you read my post??????
    I have 5 lines with tmobile. I pay a little over $200 for UNLIMITED everything.
    As much as I'd like to I can't afford Att rates. I couldn't get 2 lines for that price from Att.
    01-13-2012 09:07 PM
    Price, cell reception, etc.

Verizon has the best cell reception, but is pretty much the most expensive and has only one WP. T-Mobile is cheaper but with pretty bad cell reception and also not a good selection of WP's. AT&T has the best selection of WP's but also has the worst satisfaction scores out of the major carriers. Sprint is the only major carrier with truly unlimited data and it only has one WP.
    I'm lucky where I live Tmobile has great reception. If I travel out in the middle of nowhere i do loose reception. I have old Suncom rate plans and I'm lucky.... my data is UNLIMITED but all new tmobile customers do get throttled back after 2GB
    01-13-2012 09:12 PM

This is not a nice phone. This is a 3rd world phone. Watch the vid on the main page of WPCentral. The CEO of Nokia says this is just a phone to get your feet wet to a smart phones. It's a entry level to smart phones. Small screen, Low memory, No gyroscope, No front facing camera. If you go into a tmobile store and this is displayed by some kick butt android you'd most likely pick up the android. If you had a equal WP7 beside a android and you played with both I bet with out doubt you'd be taking that juicy Mango flavored WP7 home.
    01-13-2012 09:26 PM
    T-Mobile is going to launch two new devices on February 15th. I am eligible for a new phone on Feb 16th, maybe I will get lucky and one of those will be a new Window's phone.
    Where did you hear this? I hope so.
    01-13-2012 09:28 PM
    Verizon specifically asked for LTE. Alas Nokia made an exclusivity deal with AT&T on the Lumia 900 (stupid because Verizon has a far better reputation for extensive network and good reception). Were I MS I would be looking to Samsung or HTC at this point to deliver an LTE Windows Phone for Verizon. Both of them have highly successful prior experience in LTE phones (in fact both have existing LTE phones that with minor alterations could use WP) and both have close relationships with Verizon.
    01-13-2012 09:40 PM
    Stop holding on! The 710 is pretty nice.
    So is the fat girl at the prom. We don't want a nice phone, we want a sexy one. A sexy LTE capable 900 one.
    01-13-2012 11:15 PM
    Where did you hear this? I hope so.
    New T-Mobile Roadmap Indicates Upcoming Device Launch Release Dates
    01-13-2012 11:51 PM
    And that site is usually spot on with T-mobile leaks. I almost believe it's the CEO who runs the site. hah.
    01-14-2012 12:30 AM
    It's unfortunate that carriers have so much control. Heck, I was almost forced into Android myself, but a good deal appeared at the right time.
    01-14-2012 06:24 AM
    And that site is usually spot on with T-mobile leaks. I almost believe it's the CEO who runs the site. hah.
    I have little doubt that T-Mo have two phones coming on that date, but if they were Windows Phones, Microsoft surely would have talked (shouted) about it at CES.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though.
    01-14-2012 11:42 AM
    This is not a nice phone. This is a 3rd world phone. Watch the vid on the main page of WPCentral. The CEO of Nokia says this is just a phone to get your feet wet to a smart phones. It's a entry level to smart phones. Small screen, Low memory, No gyroscope, No front facing camera. If you go into a tmobile store and this is displayed by some kick butt android you'd most likely pick up the android. If you had a equal WP7 beside a android and you played with both I bet with out doubt you'd be taking that juicy Mango flavored WP7 home.
    Really can't argue with that. It is a low level device for sure. Doesn't mean it isn't a great low level device, just that it is a low level device. I completely do not blame you for not wanting to take the plunge on it. I truly believe T-Mo customers deserve a high level WP, especially without LTE or an iPhone in the immediate future. I LOVE the idea of a Samsung Focus S variant or a Titan-style HTC with Apollo on them prowling the sideline of T-Mo shops everywhere. Makes me giggle.....
    01-14-2012 02:47 PM
    If I had smaller hands I would go for the radar in a heartbeat... I needs me a real upgrade for my hd7!
    01-14-2012 04:28 PM
    It is tmobile, not Microsoft. The phones are out there, tmobile just his to buy them.
    Indeed his ire is misplaced. If you want a phone like the Nokia 900 or Titan or Titan II and TMo does noy have it the blame is NOT with the OS dveloper or an ODM or the company thats contasct with the ODM to build it Its with your carrier who doesnt have either the cash to for outto get it done or the commitment to the os or a device that you want. Take it up with TMo and find a boat load of people who feel like you do to help put the pressure on TMo to do it just like people are trying to do with both Sprint and VZN.
    01-14-2012 04:38 PM
    Really can't argue with that. It is a low level device for sure. Doesn't mean it isn't a great low level device, just that it is a low level device. I completely do not blame you for not wanting to take the plunge on it. I truly believe T-Mo customers deserve a high level WP, especially without LTE or an iPhone in the immediate future. I LOVE the idea of a Samsung Focus S variant or a Titan-style HTC with Apollo on them prowling the sideline of T-Mo shops everywhere. Makes me giggle.....
    Well the phones that I would classifyas really low end would be the ZTE Tania with only only 4Gb of memory and the Asus W4 . TMo is working on getting the iPhone and if they are going to do it its going to be a big fionancial commitment (Sprint probably went in with somewhere in the 20 Million range to show their desire.) If the ante is the same for TmoIt will be interesting to see what they are going to have to pony up for the higher end WP devices.
    01-14-2012 04:44 PM
    You need to vote with your money.

If your carrier don't want to carry the phone you want, take your money elsewhere.
    mprice86 and Residing like this.
    01-14-2012 05:46 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD