So disappointed. i might jump ship on WP7

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
im not from us so i don't get why people want to stick to carrier that doesn't offer what they want :confused:

Price, cell reception, etc.

Verizon has the best cell reception, but is pretty much the most expensive and has only one WP. T-Mobile is cheaper but with pretty bad cell reception and also not a good selection of WP's. AT&T has the best selection of WP's but also has the worst satisfaction scores out of the major carriers. Sprint is the only major carrier with truly unlimited data and it only has one WP.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
im not from us so i don't get why people want to stick to carrier that doesn't offer what they want :confused:
$$$$ is usually the main reason why... Sprint and T-mobile offer the best value. And for others that want Verizon, they say it's service that is better for them.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
$$$$ is usually the main reason why... Sprint and T-mobile offer the best value. And for others that want Verizon, they say it's service that is better for them.

It is hands down better service in my area. My parents' town is twenty minutes from a major city (which is only a medium-sized city) and their house is about fifteen minutes out of town. Verizon is the only one that receives coverage there (and it is 3G, too!). If I only had to live at college or if I never had to visit my parents' house, then I'd have no problem switching to Sprint or TMo. However, these carriers had much less coverage in rural America and I just can't do it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a different page TC but I know how you feel. I can stand my carrier because I don't have data or 3G at my work which makes the experience almost impossible since that's where I get 90% of my calls and text.

I want to go to T-mobile because sprint doesn't seem to be getting any WP7 and they don't even offer 4G here. But T-mobile lame Windows Phone are not making me pay 300 bucks for deactivation. No no no, give me the Lumia 900 or give me death.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a different page TC but I know how you feel. I can stand my carrier because I don't have data or 3G at my work which makes the experience almost impossible since that's where I get 90% of my calls and text.

I want to go to T-mobile because sprint doesn't seem to be getting any WP7 and they don't even offer 4G here. But T-mobile lame Windows Phone are not making me pay 300 bucks for deactivation. No no no, give me the Lumia 900 or give me death.

I agree I have TMobile and I want a 900 bad, I would settle for a 800. The 710 just won't do! I can't see paying $600.00 for an unlocked phone either.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
"i'm not from us so i don't get why people want to stick to carrier that doesn't offer what they want"

Best advise I've heard so far.

T-M certainly isn't very interested in providing you, the customer what they want so why show them loyalty?

That or you simply need to have some patience and wait until a decent WP comes T-M's way. AT&T is the 800lb Gorilla in the house. They get what they want!

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
T-M certainly isn't very interested in providing you, the customer what they want so why show them loyalty?

From what I've picked up on from other threads on here, it seems that in the US a lot of people are on "Family" or "Business" deals and the like, where they get a bunch of handsets and a single bill that covers all the family. That said, unless there is some underlying reason; if you're unhappy, find a network that has good reception in your area and carries a phone you like and make the switch.

Certainly here in the UK people swap networks all the time. My last upgrade was the first time I've kept the same carrier (Vodafone UK) for a second contract simply because I get a much better deal and much better handset than I could find on other networks.

I don't understand people who stick religiously with one carrier, you get zero reward from them whether you're paying ?10 or ?60 a month and they offer zero incentives for sticking with them.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hang in there with your HD7. I know it seems real disappointing right now, but look at T-Mobile and their situation:

1) They just crawled out from the AT&T purchase fiasco. Truthfully, how could this company look into 2012 and have any consistent idea of products or devices when they had no clue where they would be in ownership? Had it gone through, it would have been even worse, as AT&T would have had to dump customers and markets to make it work. I am surprised they have the Radar and the 710 with all that uncertainty.

2) T-Mo has been very supportive of WP, so you know it will continue. First with the Mango device in the US? Radar on T-Mo. First with a Nokia in the US? 710 on T-Mo. Wasn't the HD7 the first W7? (Pretty sure.) That kind of loyalty will be rewarded.

3) At this point, why not wait a few more months with a phone you at least still like on the carrier you prefer to see what Apollo brings T-Mo's way? You may not have to comprimise even a little bit. You might end up with a MONSTER WP8. I would gamble on that. As a matter of a fact, I did- holding out to see what goodies AT&T and WP would produce, knowing that AT&T was a good supporter with a good history. I got my Focus S for a penny.

Hold in there, buddy. Come off the ledge. It will be alright.......

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hang in there with your HD7. I know it seems real disappointing right now, but look at T-Mobile and their situation:

1) They just crawled out from the AT&T purchase fiasco. Truthfully, how could this company look into 2012 and have any consistent idea of products or devices when they had no clue where they would be in ownership? Had it gone through, it would have been even worse, as AT&T would have had to dump customers and markets to make it work. I am surprised they have the Radar and the 710 with all that uncertainty.

2) T-Mo has been very supportive of WP, so you know it will continue. First with the Mango device in the US? Radar on T-Mo. First with a Nokia in the US? 710 on T-Mo. Wasn't the HD7 the first W7? (Pretty sure.) That kind of loyalty will be rewarded.

3) At this point, why not wait a few more months with a phone you at least still like on the carrier you prefer to see what Apollo brings T-Mo's way? You may not have to comprimise even a little bit. You might end up with a MONSTER WP8. I would gamble on that. As a matter of a fact, I did- holding out to see what goodies AT&T and WP would produce, knowing that AT&T was a good supporter with a good history. I got my Focus S for a penny.

I agree with hanging in there, but if they didn't have contingency plans which at&t had (seeing as they still made a purchase for spectrum after the deal fell through), then that's not a company you wanna do business with. I think they do have them, but keep in mind, it's not easy getting exclusives. Getting the 900 would cost a lot more and AT&T has that to burn.

The Liaison

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Verizon will turn down a Microsoft device not knowing what it will bring to their business. They have the iPhone without 4G but the iPhone sells so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus S} using Board Express

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Easy for you to say you have a good phone, I am stuck with a Nokia Nuron and I don't think I can hold out much longer I want a Windows phone!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Easy for you to say you have a good phone, I am stuck with a Nokia Nuron and I don't think I can hold out much longer I want a Windows phone!
Stop holding on! The 710 is pretty nice. If I was on T-mobile, I would have gotten that one.

If you want wp7, either wait it out a bit more or hop on over to AT&T :)

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Stop holding on! The 710 is pretty nice. If I was on T-mobile, I would have gotten that one.

T-Mobile is going to launch two new devices on February 15th. I am eligible for a new phone on Feb 16th, maybe I will get lucky and one of those will be a new Window's phone.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will turn down a Microsoft device not knowing what it will bring to their business. They have the iPhone without 4G but the iPhone sells so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my {Samsung Focus S} using Board Express

The iphone also came out months ago. These new wp are just coming out now so yeah it should have lte.

hittheskids

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sad to say but I will probably get another Android phone. I cant wait another 4-6 months just for Verizon to announce that they are working on a WP and it will be another 4-6 months.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
$$$$$$$$$

Did you read my post??????
I have 5 lines with tmobile. I pay a little over $200 for UNLIMITED everything.
As much as I'd like to I can't afford Att rates. I couldn't get 2 lines for that price from Att.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile

Price, cell reception, etc.

Verizon has the best cell reception, but is pretty much the most expensive and has only one WP. T-Mobile is cheaper but with pretty bad cell reception and also not a good selection of WP's. AT&T has the best selection of WP's but also has the worst satisfaction scores out of the major carriers. Sprint is the only major carrier with truly unlimited data and it only has one WP.

I'm lucky where I live Tmobile has great reception. If I travel out in the middle of nowhere i do loose reception. I have old Suncom rate plans and I'm lucky.... my data is UNLIMITED but all new tmobile customers do get throttled back after 2GB

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Nokia 710

This is not a nice phone. This is a 3rd world phone. Watch the vid on the main page of WPCentral. The CEO of Nokia says this is just a phone to get your feet wet to a smart phones. It's a entry level to smart phones. Small screen, Low memory, No gyroscope, No front facing camera. If you go into a tmobile store and this is displayed by some kick butt android you'd most likely pick up the android. If you had a equal WP7 beside a android and you played with both I bet with out doubt you'd be taking that juicy Mango flavored WP7 home.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Verizon specifically asked for LTE. Alas Nokia made an exclusivity deal with AT&T on the Lumia 900 (stupid because Verizon has a far better reputation for extensive network and good reception). Were I MS I would be looking to Samsung or HTC at this point to deliver an LTE Windows Phone for Verizon. Both of them have highly successful prior experience in LTE phones (in fact both have existing LTE phones that with minor alterations could use WP) and both have close relationships with Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss