So disappointed. i might jump ship on WP7

L

lumic

It's unfortunate that carriers have so much control. Heck, I was almost forced into Android myself, but a good deal appeared at the right time.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
And that site is usually spot on with T-mobile leaks. I almost believe it's the CEO who runs the site. hah.

I have little doubt that T-Mo have two phones coming on that date, but if they were Windows Phones, Microsoft surely would have talked (shouted) about it at CES.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is not a nice phone. This is a 3rd world phone. Watch the vid on the main page of WPCentral. The CEO of Nokia says this is just a phone to get your feet wet to a smart phones. It's a entry level to smart phones. Small screen, Low memory, No gyroscope, No front facing camera. If you go into a tmobile store and this is displayed by some kick butt android you'd most likely pick up the android. If you had a equal WP7 beside a android and you played with both I bet with out doubt you'd be taking that juicy Mango flavored WP7 home.
Really can't argue with that. It is a low level device for sure. Doesn't mean it isn't a great low level device, just that it is a low level device. I completely do not blame you for not wanting to take the plunge on it. I truly believe T-Mo customers deserve a high level WP, especially without LTE or an iPhone in the immediate future. I LOVE the idea of a Samsung Focus S variant or a Titan-style HTC with Apollo on them prowling the sideline of T-Mo shops everywhere. Makes me giggle.....

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It is tmobile, not Microsoft. The phones are out there, tmobile just his to buy them.

Indeed his ire is misplaced. If you want a phone like the Nokia 900 or Titan or Titan II and TMo does noy have it the blame is NOT with the OS dveloper or an ODM or the company thats contasct with the ODM to build it Its with your carrier who doesnt have either the cash to for outto get it done or the commitment to the os or a device that you want. Take it up with TMo and find a boat load of people who feel like you do to help put the pressure on TMo to do it just like people are trying to do with both Sprint and VZN.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Really can't argue with that. It is a low level device for sure. Doesn't mean it isn't a great low level device, just that it is a low level device. I completely do not blame you for not wanting to take the plunge on it. I truly believe T-Mo customers deserve a high level WP, especially without LTE or an iPhone in the immediate future. I LOVE the idea of a Samsung Focus S variant or a Titan-style HTC with Apollo on them prowling the sideline of T-Mo shops everywhere. Makes me giggle.....

Well the phones that I would classifyas really low end would be the ZTE Tania with only only 4Gb of memory and the Asus W4 . TMo is working on getting the iPhone and if they are going to do it its going to be a big fionancial commitment (Sprint probably went in with somewhere in the 20 Million range to show their desire.) If the ante is the same for TmoIt will be interesting to see what they are going to have to pony up for the higher end WP devices.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to vote with your money.

If your carrier don't want to carry the phone you want, take your money elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure those on tmo do not/cannot afford other carrier prices which is why they chose tmo. Not to mention some people only have one carrier with good coverage in their area.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm on tmo USA. I currently have a HD7. I've had this phone for a year. I love it (mainly for Xbox live achievements). I love the screen size. The lower resolution doesn't bother me. The 16GB is kinda low for me (I have to delete stuff all the time. Mainly because I have about all of the Xbox live titles on my phone).
My main grip is I want a phone with a front facing camera. Tmobile currently only has 2 titty bopper phones the radar, and the Lumina. There's no way I would go to a smaller screen or drop down to 8GB. What am I to do? I don't fault tmobile at all. They would love a premium WP7 phone. I fault Microsoft 100%. Why their putting all their eggs in one basket with att is beyond me. Personally I think this is a stupid strategy. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I have 5 lines with tmo. I couldn't get 2 at att for what I pay. So switching is out of the question. I really feel like this is gonna hurt WP7. Tmo, Verizon and Sprint should all have premium phones and not just att. That's why I respect Verizon for putting their foot down and saying give us a premium 4G WP7 or nothing. I don't know what I'm gonna do yet but that Samsung Galaxy 2 sure looks good. It just kills me that Microsoft is forcing me to android if I want a kick butt phone.

AT&T from March will have Lumia 900 with FFC and LTE. You should wait just couple of months ;)

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
AT&T from March will have Lumia 900 with FFC and LTE. You should wait just couple of months ;)

so, how does a great phone on AT+T in a few months help someone who specifically says he is stuck with T-Mobile because of the plan pricing differences? He wants something like the 900 on T-Mobile (heck, so do I for what that's worth) because that's where he is stuck at.

rstall#WP

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm on tmo USA. I currently have a HD7. I've had this phone for a year. I love it (mainly for Xbox live achievements). I love the screen size. The lower resolution doesn't bother me. The 16GB is kinda low for me (I have to delete stuff all the time. Mainly because I have about all of the Xbox live titles on my phone).
My main grip is I want a phone with a front facing camera. Tmobile currently only has 2 titty bopper phones the radar, and the Lumina. There's no way I would go to a smaller screen or drop down to 8GB. What am I to do? I don't fault tmobile at all. They would love a premium WP7 phone. I fault Microsoft 100%. Why their putting all their eggs in one basket with att is beyond me. Personally I think this is a stupid strategy. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I have 5 lines with tmo. I couldn't get 2 at att for what I pay. So switching is out of the question. I really feel like this is gonna hurt WP7. Tmo, Verizon and Sprint should all have premium phones and not just att. That's why I respect Verizon for putting their foot down and saying give us a premium 4G WP7 or nothing. I don't know what I'm gonna do yet but that Samsung Galaxy 2 sure looks good. It just kills me that Microsoft is forcing me to android if I want a kick butt phone.
i hear you. i cant leave my original samsung focus just because of the option of using a memory card. i am already preparing my skydrive for my next phone which will have 16gb more than likely. im buying mp3 through zune account, and loading pictures onto the sky drive. hopefully that will work, but i understand your issue because im going through the same!!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
At least you guys have the option to switch carriers to get the phone you want. Here in Canada only one carrier(TELUS) is currently carrying any wp7 devices, the Surround7 and Omnia7. Only two mango handsets have even been announced for Canada, the 710 and the 800. Neither device is an *upgrade* from my HD7(smaller screen and no ffc) and neither is coming to my carrier, Bell. If I could use a smaller screen with my man-hands I might consider either device(800 is especially sexy) as storage is a non issue for me. I'm currently only using 3gb of my hd7 storage, but I'm a big tango VoIP user, so ffc is a must for my next device. By the time I'll be able to afford to import an unbranded device we'll be anticipating WP13 or something, so I'm stuck.

Last edited:

Rockstar Beaver

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
At least you guys have the option to switch carriers to get the phone you want. Here in Canada only one carrier(TELUS) is currently carrying any wp7 devices, the Surround7 and Omnia7. Only two mango handsets have even been announced for Canada, the 710 and the 800. Neither device is an *upgrade* from my HD7(smaller screen and no ffc) and neither is coming to my carrier, Bell. If I could use a smaller screen with my man-hands I might consider either device(800 is especially sexy) as storage is a non issue for me. I'm currently only using 3gb of my hd7 storage, but I'm a big tango VoIP user, so ffc is a must for my next device. By the time I'll be able to afford to import an unbranded device we'll be anticipating WP13 or something, so I'm stuck.

It does suck to be in Canada right now being a WP7 user. Though I have heard that HTC is looking at releasing a phone soon in Canada, hopefully Titan 2. I do want the Lumia 900 but no word on that yet. Hopefully we hear something sooner rather then later.

rezzet

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you read my post??????
I have 5 lines with tmobile. I pay a little over $200 for UNLIMITED everything.
As much as I'd like to I can't afford Att rates. I couldn't get 2 lines for that price from Att.

I don't understand your complaint. You want to to order from a value food menu, but expect NY Strip quality. T Mobile is s budget friendly service provider, they charge less, they have less money to secure exclusive deals or steal exclusive deals from other 800lb gorillas in the room who demand exclusive deals for themselves. AT&T and Verizon have money to burn because they are larger and charge more. It's simple really, it always costs more to be on the cutting edge. I hate to disappoint you, but dont hold your breath for top of the line phones on TMobile, they will always be 1 step behind what's hot now. But like you said yourself, you get 5 lines for 200 bucks. So just choose your priorities.

P.S on a side note, I think TMobile future is pretty bleak. But that's another topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720