So disappointed. i might jump ship on WP7

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm on tmo USA. I currently have a HD7. I've had this phone for a year. I love it (mainly for Xbox live achievements). I love the screen size. The lower resolution doesn't bother me. The 16GB is kinda low for me (I have to delete stuff all the time. Mainly because I have about all of the Xbox live titles on my phone).
My main grip is I want a phone with a front facing camera. Tmobile currently only has 2 titty bopper phones the radar, and the Lumina. There's no way I would go to a smaller screen or drop down to 8GB. What am I to do? I don't fault tmobile at all. They would love a premium WP7 phone. I fault Microsoft 100%. Why their putting all their eggs in one basket with att is beyond me. Personally I think this is a stupid strategy. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I have 5 lines with tmo. I couldn't get 2 at att for what I pay. So switching is out of the question. I really feel like this is gonna hurt WP7. Tmo, Verizon and Sprint should all have premium phones and not just att. That's why I respect Verizon for putting their foot down and saying give us a premium 4G WP7 or nothing. I don't know what I'm gonna do yet but that Samsung Galaxy 2 sure looks good. It just kills me that Microsoft is forcing me to android if I want a kick butt phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
first of all this is not MS fault.

carriers and Manufactures are responsible for Exclusivity. not Microsoft.

Second: you can buy Phone from different carrier and unlock them

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you're wrong about Verizon. They refused the likes of a premium WP. They told MS to give them LTE or nothing, Microsoft delivered, and Verizon still turned them down. I do agree about TMobile however, but I doubt it's 100% MS. That wouldn't make sense. If anything it would be 100% Samsung/HTC/Nokia.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile you have 2 options, WP7 or Android, since they don't have the iPhone (you can get Edge with an iPhone on T-Mo, but yknow...yuck). So go ahead and jump ship to Android - trust me, I've been there. You'll be back.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for Verizon but I did hear them say they want 4G. Was this ever offered to them? People speculate but are there any facts? I know tmo wants one. My God they've been begging for a iPhone forever. This is a back room deal between Microsoft and att. Att gets the high end stuff in return att pushes WP7 hard. Just like the iPhone deal. Android did it right. They gave everybody high end phones and look how they exploded.
Regardless of who we blame att has the titan, titan 2, Samsung focus, Nokia 900. That's 4 premium phones with 16GB, 4 plus inch screen and front facing cameras.
If Microsoft had nothing to do with it they better do something fast to equal the playing field or a lot of people will jump ship for a kick butt phone. I'm not saying I am but I'm very tempted. I would hate to downgrade my OS to a android or ios but darn it I want a front facing camera phone with a large screen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you're wrong about Verizon. They refused the likes of a premium WP. They told MS to give them LTE or nothing, Microsoft delivered, and Verizon still turned them down. I do agree about TMobile however, but I doubt it's 100% MS. That wouldn't make sense. If anything it would be 100% Samsung/HTC/Nokia.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

That is all rumors about verizon turning down a phone. I highly doubt verizon would turn down a high end phone.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile you have 2 options, WP7 or Android, since they don't have the iPhone (you can get Edge with an iPhone on T-Mo, but yknow...yuck). So go ahead and jump ship to Android - trust me, I've been there. You'll be back.

or import an unlocked phone then you can get whatever phone you want.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
It can be frustrating, especially if you are stuck on screen size and memory.

But i also think its funny you use the space for Xbox Live when you won't have that on Android. You will have games but not the Xbox Live experience. I'm sure T-Mobile will have a 4.3" WP in time for the HD7 upgrades.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I came from android. I think it is a great OS. Not as smooth or refined as WP, but so many more possibilities for customization. If you like gaming, android has some very nice games with stunning graphics. App selection on android is just better in general. However, no earning Xbox live points.

Having said all that, there is a reason I am sticking with WP for now. There comes a point when you just want something that works and that is simple and smooth. WP is definitely smooth and intuitive.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I left Android because I got tired of having to charge my phone every 2 hours. You have to install apps to kill apps to save battery and it gets ridiculous. Customization isn't all its cracked up to be unless you do the unlock/root dance which gets old even faster.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This is a T-Mobile problem, and no one else's. They either don't have the confidence in WP, or don't have the dollars to put out for an exclusive design, like AT&T has done, and Verizon may eventually do. Carriers MUST make an up front commitment to sell a phone, with a minimum volume requirement. That's just the way it it. When they start to lose market share they may look at this differently.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It really isn't MS or Manufacturers faults either. Big carriers can make demands for exclusivity. Nokia shows AT&T the 900, AT&T says, "Wow, we would like to carry that". Nokia says "Yay for us." AT&T then says, "Oh, btw, we will only carry it if we can have it exclusive for X months." What is Nokia supposed to say? Should they really tell AT&T "No we will but it on TMo instead? Ya right. TMo is bleeding high end customers and high end devices (especially on one of the smallest mobile platforms) are going to get harder and harder to sell for them. If they have to choose between ATT and Tmo, obviously they are going to choose ATT cause it has the bigger, higher paying customer base. Plus since ATT required LTE on the 900, Nokia would have had to build a special version just for TMo.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I left Android because I got tired of having to charge my phone every 2 hours. You have to install apps to kill apps to save battery and it gets ridiculous. Customization isn't all its cracked up to be unless you do the unlock/root dance which gets old even faster.

For me, my Droid X battery lasted much longer than my Trophy does. Also, there has been no need for a task killer since Froyo.

Why do I feel the need to defend Android? haha. Obviously there was a reason I switched to WP. I guess I just still like Android as well. Oh well :confused:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Get over a day on my vibrant with above moderate use. 1500 mah stock battery with probably some of the worst froyo fw on it (all stock). Gps and wifi always on with auto brightness. Don't know what you're talking about charging it every two hours.

It easily gets double the battery life of my hd7, which I have to be meticulous with as far as extended use is concerned. That thing bleeds battery when used.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb