T-Mobile store reps still hate Windows Phone?

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This thread sounds the whining going on over at one of the other forums.

It's the same whining that's going on in about six other threads on this forum alone.

If you see it happening I would suggest putting the sales rep in their place or asking to speak with their manager.

If you're going in to get a new phone for yourself be firm with the sales rep, tell them what you want and shut them down if they try and make another recommendation. I got my Lumia 800 from Carphone Warehouse in Northern Ireland, walked in, told him what I wanted, played with the phone while the guy did the paper work, checked and signed the agreement and walked out.

I don't know if you have stores like that in America? They're a mobile phone retailer but they sell on behalf of the networks and often have a better range of handsets/deals than the network branded stores. Largely because they can sell unlocked phones with a carrier subsidy. In my experience, stores like that aren't as biased about what you buy, as long as it's expensive.

Sales reps are supposed to facilitate the customer by listening to their needs and making a recommendation. Not forcing their views/bias on the customer. The problem of course is that generally the reps are fairly tech minded and are as much fans of the various platforms as we or the android/iphone fanbois are. I can imagine it would be difficult not to try and sway people towards the OS you have a personal preference for.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Also reps shouldn't be talking bad about any products they have in store its like if a product is that bad why would AT&T have it? Reps that do that give AT&T a very bad name

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Also reps shouldn't be talking bad about any products they have in store its like if a product is that bad why would AT&T have it? Reps that do that give AT&T a very bad name

Agreed.

Find out what the customer wants.

If the customer doesn't know. Then find out what the customer wants to do with the phone. Find out about their lifestyle, their desires, etc... Then give them the options based on the information you have.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

Actually that would be a great arguement to turn on the sales rep:

Rep: Don't get a Windows Phone, they're full of bugs, terrible product.
You: So.. you're telling me that your company sells bad products...?
Rep: Um...

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
What I would do, since most if not all of them have return policies, is enthusiastically take the Android, come back in a few hours or the next day with poker face and tell them it's a POS and that you want to exchange it for the WP. The best way to open their eyes is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. That way, they have another return under their belt and they have to do restocking on that Android device. :happy:

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What I would do, since most if not all of them have return policies, is enthusiastically take the Android, come back in a few hours or the next day with poker face and tell them it's a POS and that you want to exchange it for the WP. The best way to open their eyes is to hit them where it hurts, their wallets. That way, they have another return under their belt and they have to do restocking on that Android device. :happy:

I like this idea :) ....but do not like that its going to cost me $35 (restocking fee) to do it :(

elibohnert

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC Radar and iPod Touch 4G and a HTC myTouch 4G. I picked the HTC Radar up for $150 11 days old! I love the Radar soo much. I only carry the Radar and iPod Touch now. :) NEVER going back to Android!!!!

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Someone above made a post about a "network sami-agnostic combi-store;" for AT&T, at least, all the approved resellers are not allowed to sell nonAT&T phones (with contract discount... or at all, in many cases).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077