Verizon More Likely To Carry More WP7 Devices

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's Keith Lampron, Associate Director of device marketing, said at CES that Verizon will have almost every single device on its network carrying LTE connectivity from now on, save for the push-to-talk gear.

This "hard requirement" has been the main reason to snub Windows Phones devices until now, he said, whereas in fact Verizon is welcoming a third viable competitor in the mobile OS wars.

With the advent of the Nokia Lumia 900 on AT&T and the HTC Titan 2, both the first LTE Windows Phones, Verizon will be more likely to carry handsets with Microsoft's mobile OS.

In fact, as Nokia pointed out yesterday, Verizon is considered a very important partner, and the Finns are planning to supply it with a unique Windows Phone proposition of its own, that will make the carrier differentiate itself from the rest of the WP offerings. Mum's the word yet what this handset might look like, or when are we to eventually expect it.

source: CNET

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Except they announced a new bb which is 3g only. Not to mention the 710 they are "rumored" to get doesn't seem like it will have lte. I think verizon is just waiting to see how it sells before committing.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Except they announced a new bb which is 3g only. Not to mention the 710 they are "rumored" to get doesn't seem like it will have lte. I think verizon is just waiting to see how it sells before committing.

Going forward doesn't mean starting today. It means that their plan for the future is to exclusively offer LTE smart phones. This is more likely to mean in 6-12 months they will transition to that.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Going forward doesn't mean starting today. It means that their plan for the future is to exclusively offer LTE smart phones. This is more likely to mean in 6-12 months they will transition to that.

Maybe they will surprise us with something big up their sleeves.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I do think we will see a new, LTE enabled Windows Phone within 6 months on Verizon. I also think it will get a big (though not Droid big) marketing push. Verizon has publicly said that they want a 3rd ecosystem. They used to think it would be blackberry, but last fall said the no longer felt Blackberry could live up to that job. It is my opinion that it is not a matter of if Verizon will push Windows phone, it is a matter of when will it start.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe they will surprise us with something big up their sleeves.

Anything up their sleeve pertaining to WP's would be a pleasant surprise. I need a acreen 4.3" or larger because of sight problems. That is why I recently sold my Trophy. I have two upgrades just waiting for the right WP phone.:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6