Who has made the switch to AT&T how do you rate it

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
For the folks who have been on other carriers and have switched to AT&T for the new second gen devices. How do you compare it to your old carrier both in connection speed and call reception and pricing. I'm in T-MO family plan with 5 devices all HTC HD7'S. Also I have a business account with 18 devices though they are not windows devices this contract ends in 6 weeks. back in 96-98 I had AT&T for a cell carrier and got billed for 23k even though I only made 6 calls and received 10 it took 4 months and a lawyer for AT&T to finally admit a billing mistake and to correct the charges. So switching back to them would be a major move for me. but seeing how T-MO isn't getting anything on the high-end spectrum of devices I'm thinking about it.

So how has the experience been?

Last edited:

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I was going to look into AT&T as well. I was with T-Mobile for a week, Verizon for 10 years, and now on Sprint. With the recent news I would like to switch to AT&T, but if service/connection is similar to T-Mobile I won't be able to in my area (not good). Live near Tacoma, WA.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to hear more about T-Mobile's roaming deal with AT&T. It sounds like they are working out something where they will be able to use each others networks to get more coverage. Not sure when it takes effect though.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently trying the Focus S against my Verizon Trophy.
I travel a lot, and have had good coverage for phone and data in all the places I spend time.
I am surprised at how little difference there is speedwise. The Focus S has a faster processor, and AT&T's HSPA+ is supposed to be much faster than Verizon's 3G, but web pages load about the same.
I haven't dealt with the 'deathstars' infamous customer service yet.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently trying the Focus S against my Verizon Trophy.
I travel a lot, and have had good coverage for phone and data in all the places I spend time.
I am surprised at how little difference there is speedwise. The Focus S has a faster processor, and AT&T's HSPA+ is supposed to be much faster than Verizon's 3G, but web pages load about the same.
I haven't dealt with the 'deathstars' infamous customer service yet.

That is what I'm trying to learn. I don't know of anyone who is on AT&T and using a WP device. or anyone who has made the switch over to them. Just for me before I make any sort of switch to AT&T i need to make sure that I know more facts.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I use to use the iPhone on At&T and it was horrible but have a few people using other devices and they don't seem to have that many network issues.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That is what I'm trying to learn. I don't know of anyone who is on AT&T and using a WP device. or anyone who has made the switch over to them. Just for me before I make any sort of switch to AT&T i need to make sure that I know more facts.

You and I are the folks the 30 day trial period was invented for. AT&T's awful reputation made it hard for me to want to switch.
Being able to compare the two side by side has been very helpful. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep the Focus S.
If you live in or spend time in more rural areas, try it first, this is the one area that Verizon blows everyone else away, though AT&T's coverage is generally good too.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is hands down the best carrier at my country, covering completely from coast to coast. It's also the most expensive carrier in the country.

I want to be on AT&T but will never be able to afford it :'(

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Its the best carrier in PR, plus they were the only ones to give us real 4G love (LTE) But its clearly more expensive than all the rest here. Gladly I get an employee discount and its on par with the rest.

sEnT fRoM mY TiTaN(iC) BeAsT

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is hands down the best carrier at my country, covering completely from coast to coast. It's also the most expensive carrier in the country.

I want to be on AT&T but will never be able to afford it :'(

I don't know what country you are living in, but in the U.S. Verizon has much better overall reception than AT&T and faster and more reliable data speeds and better customer service.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You need to talk to someone in your area you trust on ATT and ask them.

Your experience with the Windows Phone is going to be standard from phone to phone; that is the advantage of it.

The quality of the local service is not really phone dependent. And the quality of ATT is different where you are, it is based off the current user size they have relative to the equipment bandwidth and connections. Only people in your area can tell you, and again it does not have to be a WP user, just any smartphone user in that area who has similiar phone usage habits as you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos