WP Outlook VS other Outlook clients

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am strongly considering deploying Windows Phone company wide but as for me I use Outlook to read/send e-mail, calendars, task and contacts.

I just wanted to know since im not a Outlook power user what are the limitations of WP outlook compared to iOS and Android etc

If people can list them here that would be great.

Thanks

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey hey,

im petty sure its possible to SYNC all the Info with Outlook with a phew work arounds using your LIVE ID.

id suggest going to this link to find out how exactly.

Does Windows Phone 7 sync to Outlook? - Microsoft Answers

honestly i think Ios and Android sync are less complicated ... but you wouldn't be getting a WP :( lol

Also i think MS is aware of this situation so we are expecting more outlook support in the upcoming updates.

hope it helps :)

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any limitations. It actually works a lot better for me on WP than it did on android. Sync is more reliable and it is easier to set up.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any limitations. It actually works a lot better for me on WP than it did on android. Sync is more reliable and it is easier to set up.

yeah its just that with the work around it limits you with your task and setting up categories and a phew other things.... that your cant actually create with your LIVE ID ( that u need to use )

but then again im not sure about android , i never really had one syncing with outlook.

here are ALL the links regarding outlook: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...&CurrentScope.Filter=wp7&askingquestion=false

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm not really the one to answer since I generally only use outlook for email. I use google for calendar and contacts.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys yes Exchange 2007. I have no problems with mine I love it and I want to make sure other people will love it to.

I been reading Outlook has problems accepting meeting requests I got one yesterday accepted and its all good!

Any other problems?

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm not really the one to answer since I generally only use outlook for email. I use google for calendar and contacts.

That actually what I'm interested in knowing...how does WP7 when running an outlook email account and a gmail account, gmail calendar, and gmail contacts (including all contacts in your outlook contacts)? That's what I run on Android now and it works rather well, but I'm wondering how well WP7 would do with those two email accounts running, with gmail calendar and contacts. Is gmail calendar and gmail contacts limited or not so good on WP7?

Also, I do not ever intend to use hotmail for anything. I can't stand hotmail or yahoo mail. What is required with hotmail to use a WP7? Do you need to actively use and sync a hotmail account? Or live account? Honestly, I don't know if those are the same thing maybe?

Thanks. I'm really considering switching to WP7 from Android.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I run gmail and outlook just fine and it works great

I have two seperate inboxes one for Outlook (corporate) and a linked inbox which contains my Hotmail and Gmail accounts. Works fantastic

In regards to Calendars I can see all my calendars there in different colors my Gmail calendar is highlighted in Teal my Live is Red my Facebook is Blue my coproate is Purple. Its awesome how all my calendars are under one location and very easy to read.

Contacts sync up great all my Outlook contacts, Facebook, Live and Gmail contacts show up and if I have duplicates I can link them all together to show as 1 super contact and it will display all the different ways I can communicate with that person.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
That actually what I'm interested in knowing...how does WP7 when running an outlook email account and a gmail account, gmail calendar, and gmail contacts (including all contacts in your outlook contacts)? That's what I run on Android now and it works rather well, but I'm wondering how well WP7 would do with those two email accounts running, with gmail calendar and contacts. Is gmail calendar and gmail contacts limited or not so good on WP7?

Also, I do not ever intend to use hotmail for anything. I can't stand hotmail or yahoo mail. What is required with hotmail to use a WP7? Do you need to actively use and sync a hotmail account? Or live account? Honestly, I don't know if those are the same thing maybe?

Thanks. I'm really considering switching to WP7 from Android.

I made the switch from android and I am loving it. I haven't noticed any problems using outlook and Gmail. WP syncs google calendar and google contacts without a problem. I have not noticed any limitations with google calendar and contacts.

You need to set up a live account so that you can download things from the marketplace. You also need it if you are going to use skydrive at all. I have a hotmail account that I use for junk mail, but I decided to just set up a new live account solely to use with wp7. I don't use it for email or anything, it is only there for the marketplace. I don't think I have even checked the inbox once.

I say give WP a shot. I loved android, but I am really living WP as well. Just so much smoother and nicer to use.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Office365, so it might be a little different. It all syncs very very well. I have my outlook (work email) and 2 gmail accounts on my phone. To pick which calendars to use, it is just a checkbox on each account. I show my outlook calendar and 1 of my gmail calendars. Contact sync works well too (even before I had office365). Again, you just use a checkbox to pick which accounts you want to grab contacts from. This phone has been awesome as a work phone. I find the Outlook email program to be much better than the exchange email on Android.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
nice to hear from someone using office 365. I have been thinking of using it It looks like as an individual/small business I can do it for 6.00 a month which seems reasonable.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the great answers. I guess the barrier remains Sprint ever getting new WP7 devices. Gonna be a long wait I think this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)