Windows Phone 7 doomed to fail?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
WP will only fail for two reasons:

1. MS pull the plug (unlikely seeing as they've just blown so much money on it)
2. All OEM support drops off (also absurdly unlikely)

Will it be No. 1 though? Probably not, no. But there's nothing to stop it cementing a solid place as the third phone ecosystem with a respectable double-digit share of the marketplace.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Android (Verizon) had to do the same thing. Android had terrible sales and many thought was going to crumble. Now look at it. They are a sales power house. All thanks to spending money on advertising.

WP doesn't have to be #1 or 2 just bump up a bit more. They need to spend money to make that happen. The buzz around Nokia is almost all positive and I expect for that to continue and hopefully sales will reflect that.

I don't know why people are so gloom and doom.

jdmiphone

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
WP will only fail for two reasons:

1. MS pull the plug (unlikely seeing as they've just blown so much money on it)
2. All OEM support drops off (also absurdly unlikely)

Will it be No. 1 though? Probably not, no. But there's nothing to stop it cementing a solid place as the third phone ecosystem with a respectable double-digit share of the marketplace.

Yeah I think this year will be important for windows all together. Phones, tablets, gaming. I think they are going to going to have a good year.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
People are getting way over their heads about doom and gloom scenarios. Windows phone is just fine as long as the customer satisifcation values are high and both Nokia and Microsoft put alot of effort into the platfrom I can't see it failing.

Marketshare will increase overtime but customer satisifaction is the most important part Microsoft has that going for them right now.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The big marketing campaign won't fail. Why? Because it's a really good product.

Will WP become the #1 mobile OS in a few years? Who knows? But it doesn't really matter that much. If they become a SOLID #3 with 20% of the market then that is a success in my opinion.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even sure I've ever been to Techblock until now. Ridiculous discussion in that post.

To be honest it kind of reads like one guy wrote the whole thing :p

The interview with Joe was good to see though and reiterates the notion of WP competing on handset quality and performance rather than specifications; which is an attitude I really like.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, it looked fairly positive to me. Even the guy who was negative on WP in the beginning kind of turned around by the end.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just thought it was interesting.....

:confused:

Well it seems to me that you've got one guy talking who thinks the glass is half full and the other Abdel who thinks its half empty. My opinion is that the the glass is at least halp full and maybe a bit more. Progress has been and is being made we are moving ahead LTE is coming with the 900 and the TITAN II and the Mandel (Mendel) is coming from Samsung. Before the negativity of all the doubting Thomas' copmes to rest in your mind shake it off and think positive about the future of WP we are poised to be a solid number 3 and by the end of 2013 we will be I think No. 2 or close to there.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The answer to this question is NO if you have to ask this question then you have never used WP7.5 OS. look around people are taking notice. walk into a T-MO store "now" and they are pushing Nokia and radar device's AT&T are giving WP OS high profiling in there stores and webpages. people are stating to get educated about the OS and it's ecosystem.NO it's not going to fail!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
All Microsoft needs to do is include a WP with the purchase of each new Windows 8 PC and they will be #1 in no time.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm very disappointed in some of the posts in this thread they are not of WPC standards. It seams to be forming a pattern I want it stopped. Every Member of these forums is entitled to there own opinion even if you dont agree. Calling someone a troll is trolling saying a thread is a "troll magnet" is trolling. If you see a post that is in violation of the forum rules please report it and the forums moderator or myself will decide what action is needed. If you are not a Moderator its not you job to moderate these forums please dont do that.

If you dont have something good to say (or in this case contribute) dont say anything at all. Stay on topic make your points good or bad but stop trying to force your opinions on other members. The OP of this thread has found a good topic that deserves exploring so lets debate the validity of the argument without all the drama if you cant do that move on to the next thread.

We vow to discuss things in a civil manner its the WPCentral way you know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)