Do you use a case on your phone

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a case bought from this wpcentral. But most of the time I don't use it. I like how the device looks without it. my device isn't marked up or scratched. But then I'm pretty careful with my stuff I had to work in-order to pay for them.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty indecisive on whether I want a case or not. On the Focus, I definitely didn't want a case. On the Trophy, I bought a case and used it a while (and liked it, since it made the buttons more responsive), but I have slowly gotten used to using it without a case.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
No good choices available for the DVP so, I am running case-free for now. If there was an acceptable option offered then I might be willing to consider it.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a case on my Nuron because it is a slippery phone without one. If I get a Lumia I wont get a case cause that phone is just too sexy to cover up.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
yeah, that one's not bad but... it just isn't selling itself to me so... I guess I'll stick with no case for now.

Otterbox cases are also a little bulky. I've stuck with Otterbox for a while now. There was a mobile site that did a drop test with iPhones a few years back and at that time Otterbox rated the best in their drop test so I've stuck with them for now.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If I get a Lumia I wont get a case cause that phone is just too sexy to cover up.

+1

Then again I never cover up my phones. I think of it as being an insult to the designer. Using the phone as it was created to be used makes more sense to me.

Surely You might end up scratching it, but the odds of damaging the phone from putting on covers has been more the case for me. On 2 of my BB's I scratched the screen from putting it in the OEM pouch. I guess that a grain of sand was stuck in the pouch doing the damage.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I've a Lumia 800 which comes with a case, it's totally unnecessary though, two months on and the phone is flawless aside from a small scratch on the silver plate around the camera at the back.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I never use a case on any phone I have had. And especially my Terrific Trophy, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings by keeping our love affair a secret. :D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a case and it makes my phone look really freaking ugly. But I had dropped the phone several times, so it's a life saver.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The poll questions are loaded. Who hasn't bought a case, simply because it takes serious effort to find a good one? (and yes, that does confirm I'm a lazy multiplatform dev... or just burnt out of finding cases for all my phones).

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Shell and screen protector on my Surround since the day I got it. And a belt case when I am out and about. Guess that might be why I have never "needed" to return or replace a phone in 15 years.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I use cheapo cases off eBay :) The hard two-piece navy blue one is my favorite - looks killer and makes the power button easier to push. I have dropped the phone one time on concrete flat on its back, and I think the hard case helped prevent damage to the phone. Also, since I use cheapie cases, its affordable to keep ordering new ones all the time!

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had two different cases for my Focus. Each time I wound up taking it off. One was actually scratching my phone and the other was allowing dust/dirt underneath it and I found a couple of "pits" in the bezel around my screen. Going naked now except for a screen protector.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Reaction80

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had a million phones since my Nokia 3210 and I've never used a case. Of course back then phones were seemingly made of stone and nigh-on indestructible in comparison to the delicately balanced pieces of kit they are now but still, no cases for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss