Is AT&T Really That Bad?

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So I have been over at the AT&T forums and it seams that there is a lot of unhappy folks over there, stating that AT&T has the worst coverage and worst customer service in all of wireless. Is this true or is there just a bunch of troll's trying to cause problems over there?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had at&t for over 8 years and I don't see myself ever leaving. Their coverage is great IMO. I will say that since the smartphone boom my data speeds have slowed down. But on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give them a 9.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
For me, their coverage is fine and their customer service is fine. No better or worse thatn any other carrier. I've never been impressed with an AT&T store and avoid them. When I need assistance, I call AT&T over the phone.

I have had T-Mobile, and AT&T for personal phones, and Sprint/Nextel and Verizon for company work phones.

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been with ATT since back in the Cingular days.

1. I never had a problem with customer service, I have found them quite helpful and pleasant anytime I needed them.

2. I have great coverage no matter where I have gone in the USA on trips, I live in Connecticut.

I read the same negative items and am baffled by the negative stuff.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had ATT since 2003 and have had zero probs. YMMV on various AT&T stores, but phone cust svc has always been courteous and helpful. I had sprint before this and they were terrible, both in coverage and cust svc. As far as AT&T bashing? I just shrug my shoulders and say "good, get off my network so my speeds will increase!"

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is okay in my area. No complaints with them, here. Cust Support is great, a few glaring illogicalities in OLAM (if it wasn't supposed to work, why is the option even present? Why not just replace it with: "call cust service, imput SSN," instead.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has been fine for me. I've been a customer for over 15 yrs. Since before it was Cingular. You know. Back when it was... AT&T.

I think there are some rural areas where AT&T coverage isn't very strong. So that's why you see people complaining.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I have been over at the AT&T forums and it seams that there is a lot of unhappy folks over there, stating that AT&T has the worst coverage and worst customer service in all of wireless. Is this true or is there just a bunch of troll's trying to cause problems over there?

I have had them for a while myself and I think the whole anti-at&t thing is just internet meme now. It didn't help at&t any that the iPhone was arguably the worst mobile phone of all time. I often compared my old Nokia N95 to my old iPhone 3GS and it was night in day when it came to network performance.

Really the best way to find out if at&t will work for you is if you test drive it and do research. Find out which carrier has the low band spectrum (850 mhz or even the new 700mhz LTE spectrum) in your area. The 850 cellular licenses are old and relatively built out well while also providing good building penetration.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has been fine for me. I've been a customer for over 15 yrs. Since before it was Cingular. You know. Back when it was... AT&T.
Same here. Almost never drop a call, but typically looking at 1-2 bars in most places, and occasionally 3. Never much more than 1.6Mbps download. Makes me jealous when I hear the speeds that some other users get. But WiFi at home and the office are 3 to 5 times better, so no problems. Except if I want show off my AT&T WP to someone and wind up with choppy video or clipped audio. Always remind them its not the phones fault.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
AT&T has the best coverage in my area but they are very expensive and don't offer an unlimited data plan.

ATT is like that in my area I dont see myself changing ever. I have a family plan thats about 60.00 a month (per phone for 3 phones with unlimited text and mobiole to mobile and I have an unlimited data plan which is grandfathered in (throttled if I hit 5GB a month.) My daughter and wife have iphones. I dont think thats unresoanbly high for the value I get.

Kdawg1989

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched over from sprint which I used to like but since they got the iPhone their network is horrible plus the fact that att has the best windows phones so I am happy with the switch... I had att several years ago (recovered ios addict) and back then it was horrible but the situation has greatly improved since then.. Also remember you have 30 days to test it out so give it a shot there is not much risk involved...

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The signal I get in my house is not as good as when I was on Verizon. However, the customer service reps I have spoken with are top-notch. Most of the time, problems were solved quickly and without hassle, and were thorough in their explanations.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I've have AT&T for almost four years now. The coverage has gotten much much better in the last two years.

I get 3G in most areas, but there are some spot that my phone always fall back to EDGE.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Almost never drop a call, but typically looking at 1-2 bars in most places, and occasionally 3. Never much more than 1.6Mbps download. Makes me jealous when I hear the speeds that some other users get. But WiFi at home and the office are 3 to 5 times better, so no problems. Except if I want show off my AT&T WP to someone and wind up with choppy video or clipped audio. Always remind them its not the phones fault.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

That is how the T-Mobile coverage is in my area. As for AT&T the tower is 1/4 mile from my house. I have friends here who say the get 4g some of the time and 3 g all the time. don't care about LTE because any new contract I get will be up before LTE comes to my rural are.

I am glad to see so many supporters for AT&T on here. Thanks for the info.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, my keyboard not only vanished, but posted. I was posting that extremists make most of the noise. Also, people seek out forums for solutions to problems, so they're already unhappy.
I've been trying AT&T for 2 weeks now, and it stacks up pretty well against my Verizon service. Not better, but just as good. I haven't been that impressed with what were supposed to be faster HSPA+ speeds, but I think I'm going to switch.

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
coverage and customer service is awesome in my area. but they are so darn expensive. If i did not have a discount because of my job, i wouldnt have them. best phone selection though

sEnT fRoM mY TiTaN(iC) BeAsT

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was on AT&T until I moved to my current house. Verizon is better at my house. Overall in this area Verizon seems to be more reliable.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss