Hey guys,

I lost lost my phone and unlike most of you guys who have full internet access via your carrier that is unfortunately not an option for me here in Jamaica sigh.

yeah so i lost my phone and I'm unable to locate it via Wifi (i have location enabled), is there any other way that i could lock or reset my phone is the question i want to ask.

If they replace the SIM with another (doubt they are smart enough to do a hard reset) will i still be able to lock it via wifi when they connect?.

I now wish i did more research on a third party App that allows you do all of these via sms like Blackberry does, they even have the option to disable the phone via the APN sigh... Do we (Wp7) have anything like this.

UPDATE: I did some research and found the answer that i needed... you can have your carrier blocked the IMEI number for your phone which would render it completely useless, the link below will give a more detailed explanation.

http://www.techcular.com/block-lost-mobile-imei-no/
    Last edited by 3lackdeath; 01-16-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    01-15-2012 06:07 PM
    If you have access to the internet you can also go to your account and find / ring / lock / erase your phone yourself.

https://www.windowsphone.com

Go to 'My Phone' the options are in there 3lackdeath. :)
    01-16-2012 03:17 AM
    well even if you BLOCK the IMEI people can still use your phone... :(

ALL IMEI SIM card phones do not need to have the IMEI entered into the Carrier`s system ..

MEANING!! if hes on the same carrier as you all he has to do is put in HIS SIM card and he can use your phone.... ( with otu calling the carrier ) if hes on a different carrier he only needs to get it unlocked.

the only thing u can do at this point to make a differents, is call your carrier and have them BURN/KILL/Cancel your SIM CARD ... that way he cant use it.

IMEI are not like ESN ... ESN can be blocked and the phone becomes 100% useless ( CDMA phones with no SIM CARD ) any other phone ( HSPA/LTE/GSM) ... nothing you can do about it . aside from Erase/lock it from a distance...
    3lackdeath likes this.
    01-16-2012 08:29 AM
    You could always call your carrier and see if they could locate it and if not contact the police and if it has been used they would be able to see where it was used and hopefully get it back for you.
    01-16-2012 10:17 AM
    If you have access to the internet you can also go to your account and find / ring / lock / erase your phone yourself.

https://www.windowsphone.com

Go to 'My Phone' the options are in there 3lackdeath. :)
    Tried that already then realized that this option is not possible if the phone is not connected to the internet.

You could always call your carrier and see if they could locate it and if not contact the police and if it has been used they would be able to see where it was used and hopefully get it back for you.
    While true the cops here won't put them selves in a possible gun fight for just one phone lol but thx any way.

I called the carrier and asked them to lock my Sim... I wanted an upgrade any way probably get the Focus S sigh i miss my focus.
    Last edited by 3lackdeath; 01-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    01-16-2012 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD