a question about wp7 "updates"

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems that these threads are just becoming recycled stories of the same questions and statements.
..So Im wondering, are any of the coming updates gonna bring at least 1% of what people are asking for, or have questions about? If not, pretty soon there will be nothing left to talk about in wp7 except for complaints..
I would hope we would at least have custom theme colors by the end of the year... People are gonna need more reasons to want to have this phone.

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No one can answer that because Microsoft has not revealed what is coming in Tango or Apollo. More info on what is coming in future updates will likely be revealed at Mobile World Congress next month and at MIX '12 later in the spring. That is where Microsoft has revealed more about updates in the past. At this point all we know is Skype integration is coming in Apollo and it will be available as an app before that.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The updates tend to bring features that way more than 1% of people want. Mango was HUGE and brought a ton of new functionality.

Apollo is pretty much guaranteed to bring a ton more.

Will it bring the very specific ones that you personally are looking for? Who knows? But if it doesn't, that doesn't mean it's not bringing in more than 1% of what people want.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
What about the updates before tango and apollo?

These are likely to be small maintenance updates. Maybe one of them will fix the disappearing keyboard. I don't think these small maintenance updates will bring new features.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
These are likely to be small maintenance updates. Maybe one of them will fix the disappearing keyboard. I don't think these small maintenance updates will bring new features.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express
More than new features, I would hope its for the keyboard bug.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The last update fixed the keyboard bug. If it hasn't rolled out to your handset yet you can apply it manually. There's a thread on xda about how to do it.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The last update fixed the keyboard bug. If it hasn't rolled out to your handset yet you can apply it manually. There's a thread on xda about how to do it.

Thanks I have the Trophy and didn't receive any update...but from what Ive read, the future looks grim for anyone on verizon w/ windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077