iphone Convert to WP7 - Questions

ljox72

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all,

I switched to wp mango very recently and I have some features that were part of ios5, but I am not sure where they are in WP7, if they do exist.

Can anyone help me by answering these questions?

1. Apple iphones have universal search. Does mango only provide searching from within its applications and email? I miss universal search, single location was very easy to use with Apple...

2. How can I add a contact from a recently received call in mango? Apple handled this quite easily...

3. Notifications...so far I see only an on screen notification for texts. I hear a ringtone for received emails, but no on screen notification....

So much to enjoy with WP7, my experience would only be enhanced if there are answers to the questions above...

Thanks in advance...

Lawrence
ljox72@gmail.com

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
1. Yeah they changed the search button function to universally launch Bing search now, otherwise you need to go into the specific area (ie Contacts).

2. Just hit the number in call history, there is a save button at the button (stylized floppy icon), from there you can add to an existing contact or create a new one.

3. It will put the number of new(ish) emails on the mailbox tiles (but if you open email, and don't read all the new emails, it won't have the reduced number on the tile, it only shows the number of new emails since the last time you opened it). It will put the same number on the lockscreen.

Hope this helps :)

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
As said above, your search button is a universal search. It even takes it a step further in that if you search for, say, Red Robin, it will suggest using the Yelp! app as the first result, even if you don't have Yelp! installed. However, I do not believe it will search contacts like an iPhone will. As far as the rest, what was stated above is accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte