Good read- apps on wp7

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
arg....

i lvoe hwo the article praises Iphones 500,00 apps and yet only 5%of ALL Iphone apps are downloaded so whats the point of having that many if 95% of them suck. that doesn't say much for Iphone quality apps.. lol ...

an other thnig i dont understand is that in that article they dont seem to relies that WP marketplace is growing just as fast (almost) with less developers..

Android: 80,000 apps a year
IOS: 60-70,000 apps a year
WP: 50,000 apps a year

WP not having quality apps? so dev dont want to switch!? LMAO .... maybe if dev switch we would have more quality apps?

... am i the only one seeing a problem with what he DEVELOPERS are saying? how can you claim that OS has shiity apps if your a developers... developers are responsible for the apps! LOL!! god dam...

this article basically tells us . that DEVS are little *****es.. and dont want to help WP ( witch is not true cause we are seeing more and more dev come over to WP and some of does dev are BIG NAME studios ) .....

just an other RENT blog from a guy with no hard facts. is it just me or do these articles seems to be complete nonsense.

ah well thanks for the read.

Last edited:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
arg....

i lvoe hwo the article praises Iphones 500,00 apps and yet only 5%of ALL Iphone apps are downloaded so whats the point of having that many if 95% of them suck. that doesn't say much for Iphone quality apps.. lol ...

an other thnig i dont understand is that in that article they dont seem to relies that WP marketplace is growing just as fast (almost) with less developers..

Android: 80,000 apps a year
IOS: 60-70,000 apps a year
WP: 50,000 apps a year

WP not having quality apps? so dev dont want to switch!? LMAO .... maybe if dev switch we would have more quality apps?

... am i the only one seeing a problem with what he DEVELOPERS are saying? how can you claim that OS has shiity apps if your a developers... developers are responsible for the apps! LOL!! god dam...

this article basically tells us . that DEVS are little *****es.. and dont want to help WP ( witch is not true cause we are seeing more and more dev come over to WP and some of does dev are BIG NAME studios ) .....

just an other RENT blog from a guy with no hard facts. is it just me or do these articles seems to be complete nonsense.

ah well thanks for the read.

I think what the article was meant to say is that those 5% are what wp is missing. If you see they aren't praising the other 2 OS's at having a ton more apps, but rather having the apps that most people take for granted some of which are not on wp. Numbers mean nothing as they say in the article.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think what the article was meant to say is that those 5% are what wp is missing. If you see they aren't praising the other 2 OS's at having a ton more apps, but rather having the apps that most people take for granted some of which are not on wp. Numbers mean nothing as they say in the article.

i personally love all the apps on my WP and they do every thing i want them to do :D

i could write a blog and say that we only have 50,00 apps on WP and that 20% of them are downloaded and used on WP
( cause people tend to download more new apps when you have less.. ( doesn't mean they are better doh ) ) .... compare to apples 5% ...

its just a matter of playing with numbers. and is manipulative on the Writers part because its not accurate.

just dont read to much into these types of blogs they don't mean much.

but still a good read :) .. just giving my opinion on it :)

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It's actually quite a positive article from a Windows Phone point of view. Or at least, it doesn't bash the platform badly. Nice to see an acknowledgement that the platform doesn't need 500k apps to be competitive.

Essentially they're saying that WP lacks the "killer" apps of iOS and Android but they don't mean stuff like Infinity Blade; they mean things like official BBC and CNN apps. I'm in agreement with them on that, while there are reasonably good free alternatives I would rather have the "proper" app for it. That however, is down to major companies releasing the apps, rather than small developers who in the mean time are doing a pretty wonderful job of generating content. I look forward to joining them soon! In a similar vein, Netflix has an app on the US store, but not the UK one, despite the service launching here late last year.

That said, the line about Microsoft working to "ensure that all top 25 apps (from Android and iOS) will be made available before the end of the first half of 2012." is very interesting. I'd not heard that before and if they manage it, it'll be huge for the OS. I guess it also puts a time scale on the long awaited Skype app ;)

Thanks for sharing :)

roffleswaffles

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think eventually, WP will get those official apps from CNN and BBC and whatnot. Right now it's just playing the waiting game-- WP has gotten a lot of traction since CES and topped a lot of news coverage on tech blogs, so it's only a matter of time before the user base increases and people will be unable to ignore the WP (and if they continue to, they will lose out on revenue).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos