01-27-2012 02:58 PM
84 1234
tools
    Nothing here either Big Supes, still a few hour to go for today though.

Positive Thinking. :)
    01-20-2012 04:29 AM
    You're right, Weebear. Fingers are still crossed! :)
    01-20-2012 05:47 AM
    I currently have this many updates: no updates. Looks like I'm last for 8107 AND the Nokia battery update.

Bah and indeed humbug.
    01-20-2012 06:16 AM
    I know, it's totally unacceptable Pronk. Brazilan Titan's getting 8107 and not mine ? Scandelous!

Not that I'm bitter. Grrrrrr

A whole bag of humbugs for sure. :D
    01-20-2012 06:19 AM
    It concerns me that, WHEN, WP takes off, carriers aren't going to be equipped to roll out the updates in good time. Once MS has them in their pockets, they'll need to up the pressure as the update experience reflects on the platform.
    01-20-2012 06:24 AM
    Got mine yesterday for my unlocked HTC Trophy (UK)
    01-20-2012 07:42 AM
    still waiting here on orange UK, but waited 2 weeks for mango after the rollout started. Maybe tonight. My phone has never managed to find an update even when it was sitting there on zune, so i'll plug it in and check tonight
    01-20-2012 07:53 AM
    Does the network disconnect trick work in the US? I tried it several times and I got a message that the update service cannot be reached.
    01-20-2012 09:23 AM
    It concerns me that, WHEN, WP takes off, carriers aren't going to be equipped to roll out the updates in good time. Once MS has them in their pockets, they'll need to up the pressure as the update experience reflects on the platform.
    It'd be nice to see a more unified approach to it, given that it's Microsoft's OS, and it's their software that the updates are delivered through. There's a lot about iOS that I don't like, but Apple really has their update method very well organised. If MS could improve their system to a similar level it would be amazing, but I can understand that it's not the primary focus right now.

That said, as long as the updates are more timely/uniform than Android I'm not complaining. Heck, even if MS provided more information on the availability/necessity of the updates that would be good. Everyone knows when the version updates for Android are coming but depending on the handset you could be waiting months without hearing anything from the manufacturer or carrier.
    01-20-2012 12:00 PM
    It'd be nice to see a more unified approach to it, given that it's Microsoft's OS, and it's their software that the updates are delivered through. There's a lot about iOS that I don't like, but Apple really has their update method very well organised. If MS could improve their system to a similar level it would be amazing, but I can understand that it's not the primary focus right now.

That said, as long as the updates are more timely/uniform than Android I'm not complaining. Heck, even if MS provided more information on the availability/necessity of the updates that would be good. Everyone knows when the version updates for Android are coming but depending on the handset you could be waiting months without hearing anything from the manufacturer or carrier.
    This is it, and I agree that at this stage, it isn't a priority. I think when MS have more leverage with the carriers they need to tighten up the update service. Ignore Android's failing customer service and look to better Apple's. "Putting people first" is most definitely the best approach and what better way to add credibility.
    01-20-2012 01:59 PM
    Stay cool man, my girlfriend's Optimus 7 didn't get its update yet ... it's vodafone, so I think the process is pretty random.

;)
    Did you get the update via Zune/Over the Air or via manual CAB install
    01-20-2012 02:23 PM
    Bell (Canada) from Tomorrow.

Windows Phone update 7.10.8107.79

Here's hoping it's not too far away now for us all folks. :)
    I just received this update this morning...what exactly did it do?
    01-21-2012 08:34 AM
    I just received this update this morning...what exactly did it do?
    From the link that you quoted:
    - On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.
    jdd77 likes this.
    01-21-2012 09:18 AM
    Vodafone uk sending out update for 8107 for htc Trophy
    01-21-2012 09:19 AM
    From the link that you quoted:
    - On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.
    Im typing on the keyboard just for the sake of typing on it..gotten so used to it falling out all the time that this now feels like a new phone!
    01-21-2012 09:55 AM
    still waiting unlocked unbranded Titan

Well it had better not reach Ochiltree before Kilwinning or there'll be trouble! :D

Welcome along to WPCentral stevovr. :)
    01-21-2012 12:36 PM
    Well i'm not going to use the update trick incase I miss any firmware updates, will just carry on waiting stevovr. :)
    01-23-2012 02:51 AM
    Still nothing here for both the Nokia update and 8107. Weird that a factory unlocked phone is getting it seemingly last - you'd have thought they'd just shove it out asap for devices where carriers aren't involved.
    01-23-2012 03:04 AM
    The disappearing keyboard was really daein ma heid in so I've updated using the cab update method. I've used all the hacks & updated Roms available since WP7 was first released & never missed a firmware update yet, in fact I've been lucky enough to always get updates as soon as they're released. If I have problems I'll just roll back to a previous version.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express
    01-23-2012 03:16 AM
    I sort of jumped the gun in my last post by saying this feels like a new phone... The update only improved the disappearing keyboard issue, but didn't fix it. Since the update 2 days ago, my keyboard fell out 4 times. Although this is better than 'all' the time, its unacceptable.
    As an already way-over due update to fix a major problem that still isnt completely fixed, Im beginning to think MS is losing faith in their new os.

Edit: 5 times. The keyboard just fell out right before I hit the post button..
    01-23-2012 10:56 AM
    I'm using an Arrive on Sprint so I ain't holding out hope.

Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.
    01-23-2012 09:26 PM
    FINALLY updated last night. Now have the new Nokia diagnostics app too, and the soft key backlight thing. Not sure how much difference to battery life yet, but seems to be more accurate at least (which is a start).
    01-25-2012 03:26 AM
    Fingers crossed, Pronk. :) I updated last night, as well. Haven't really noticed any changes, but then again, I was with the lucky few who weren't really effected by the issues.
    01-25-2012 04:09 AM
    Why are T-Mobile UK so utterly, utterly useless with updates? Nothing yet on my Omnia 7.
    01-25-2012 05:49 AM
    DVP unlocked generic US Tmo version updated this morning.
    01-25-2012 10:11 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD