Start Of The 8107 Update For Everyone Maybe ?

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I just received this update this morning...what exactly did it do?

From the link that you quoted:
- On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
From the link that you quoted:
- On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.

- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.

- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.

- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.

- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.

- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.
Im typing on the keyboard just for the sake of typing on it..gotten so used to it falling out all the time that this now feels like a new phone!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
still waiting unlocked unbranded Titan
welcome.gif

Well it had better not reach Ochiltree before Kilwinning or there'll be trouble! :D

Welcome along to WPCentral stevovr. :)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing here for both the Nokia update and 8107. Weird that a factory unlocked phone is getting it seemingly last - you'd have thought they'd just shove it out asap for devices where carriers aren't involved.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The disappearing keyboard was really daein ma heid in so I've updated using the cab update method. I've used all the hacks & updated Roms available since WP7 was first released & never missed a firmware update yet, in fact I've been lucky enough to always get updates as soon as they're released. If I have problems I'll just roll back to a previous version.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I sort of jumped the gun in my last post by saying this feels like a new phone... The update only improved the disappearing keyboard issue, but didn't fix it. Since the update 2 days ago, my keyboard fell out 4 times. Although this is better than 'all' the time, its unacceptable.
As an already way-over due update to fix a major problem that still isnt completely fixed, Im beginning to think MS is losing faith in their new os.

Edit: 5 times. The keyboard just fell out right before I hit the post button..

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY updated last night. Now have the new Nokia diagnostics app too, and the soft key backlight thing. Not sure how much difference to battery life yet, but seems to be more accurate at least (which is a start).

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Fingers crossed, Pronk. :) I updated last night, as well. Haven't really noticed any changes, but then again, I was with the lucky few who weren't really effected by the issues.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Someone reported in another thread they changed registry on a focus s and got the update. Another poster said he was told by an ATT employee that ATT was rolling it out mid February 2012!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos