Start Of The 8107 Update For Everyone Maybe ?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I do have a feeling this is the start of it, as the Nokia Lumia battery update is due from tomorrow too I think, fingers crossed anyway aubreyq. :D

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I do have a feeling this is the start of it, as the Nokia Lumia battery update is due from tomorrow too I think, fingers crossed anyway aubreyq. :D
Think it's the 19th for the Lumia update WeeBear, but this is good news for all WP users.

I've been rocking it for about 2 weeks now and not had a keyboard problem at all since.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Think it's the 19th for the Lumia update WeeBear, but this is good news for all WP users.

I've been rocking it for about 2 weeks now and not had a keyboard problem at all since.

Did you update through the CAB method? Can you explain (in very detailed steps) how you updated?

I'm trying to start over on my HTC Radar because I have a feeling I did it wrong (although I've had no problems on 8107, except my keyboard still disappeared and the accuracy is still not good). Outside of the backup, it only took 1-2 mins for my Radar to update, while everyone else is talking about 5 mins.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Makes sense. Lots of rumours around that say the 8107 update is going to be released this week, I guess the Lumia update is also the 8107.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Where have people heard that the lumia update was out on the 19th?
It was on a Nokia blog somewhere a little while ago cgk1, i thought it was the 18th it said but as jrdatrackstar mentioned it may be the 19th, can't remember now. :)

I've the memory of a goldfish now I think. :D

Hope so Big Supes, yes. :)

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense. Lots of rumours around that say the 8107 update is going to be released this week, I guess the Lumia update is also the 8107.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this in the WP community. To clarify, the 8170 update is a Windows Phone wide update from Microsoft. It is an OS update. In the "about" section of your phone it will change the OS Version Number.

The update for the Lumia is a firmware update for the phone and will update the Firmware Revision Number in the about section.

And for those who might want to know, the Lumia firmware update will:
"include no. of charging related (high voltage charging), power optimizations and some performance related updates that will further push your Lumia 800 usage. Also the default camera mode in Lumia 800 will be changed from Macro to Normal mode. Earlier there were reports about slow auto-focus and poor low light performance issues in Lumia 800."

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of confusion about this in the WP community. To clarify, the 8170 update is a Windows Phone wide update from Microsoft. It is an OS update. In the "about" section of your phone it will change the OS Version Number.

The update for the Lumia is a firmware update for the phone and will update the Firmware Revision Number in the about section.

And for those who might want to know, the Lumia firmware update will:
"include no. of charging related (high voltage charging), power optimizations and some performance related updates that will further push your Lumia 800 usage. Also the default camera mode in Lumia 800 will be changed from Macro to Normal mode. Earlier there were reports about slow auto-focus and poor low light performance issues in Lumia 800."

No confusion here, I just belive that the Lumia-specific firmware update comes with the 8107.

Makes a lot of sense, if you think about it. BTW, wasn't the first Nokia update also coincident with the Exchange 2003 update?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway this can be extracted or pulled for us stuck waiting on the carriers?

Has anyone noticed increased accuracy in the keyboard finger input detection (like how it was in the NoDo days)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo