Suggestions for finding WP7 phone for Verizon?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd check for advice with the gurus in this forum. My sister was on Verizon and was due to upgrade. I talked up WP7 and she liked it, but when the time came to upgrade to a smartphone, the hype machine won her over and she got an iPhone. Her decision, I didn't want to pester her about a phone.

Here we are though, 10 days later. Her iPhone was stolen when she was in Europe last week. Now she's stuck. She just started a 2 year contract with Verizon and if she wants a smartphone, she has to pay full price, which she can't afford.

Searching the used market, Trophys will likely be much cheaper than iPhones, given the popularity of them. I'm watching eBay for used Trophys to see what comes up.

Any other suggestions? Unlocked phones an options? Although I can't see them being any cheaper than buying a Verizon branded phone. What do I need to know about what will work on Verizon from the unlocked side of things. I know there's a difference between Verizon (CDMA?) and ATT networks, so I'm assuming not all unlocked phones are created equal.

Now that an iPhone is too expensive, I figure this is my chance to get her into WP7 (which I think she'll really like).

Thanks for any advice.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
You will need a verizon branded phone, unlocked is gsm and will not work on verizon.
Good to know, thank you. That rules out one option.

What about the used phone market? Are craigslist and eBay my best options for finding a used Trophy?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb