Apollo Rumors and Expectations

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
PG2G - now that I am taking a closer looks, I think you may be right. There is a notifications settings section in the Control Panel where you can set which apps can notify you. Then there is a notifications icon under settings where you can select wireless networks, power down, etc.

I was under the impression that notifications would stack up there but it appears it just gives you the option to turn notifications on or off. I don't have any apps on this tablet yet that would notify me for anything as I do not receive SMS texts and there is no built in e-mail capability. So I spoke too soon. We'll see what comes when they release the beta at the end of February.

I attached a couple of screen shots of the notification settings and on/off switch.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for posting. Some of these were my guesses as well, but I am happy most of you believe 1st Gen devices will get the update. That will be a huge deal. I am also fairly positive we will see larger memory storage. I wasn't really sure what the question was about the Bluetooth files, so I appreciate ya'll clearing that up.

Guess we will just wait a few months and than see how the introduction goes. I sure will ask again as rumors start to bleed out.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Taking a step back to the Tango update before Apollo. For me Tango update needs to do 3 things.

1. Implement bug fixes.

2. Implement new features for current (New) generation phones (LTE etc).

3. Implement at least some new features. This is imporant as existing users need to feel that we are not getting forgotten and that an update brings some sort of value add. I don't expect a lot of new features or even major onces, but it should at least offer us something so that we get excited about it. I would expect Skype integration of some sort and maybe a few more small features like taking screen shots and a few more settings etc.

Am pretty sure that 1 and 2 will be implemented. Hoping that 3 does too.

As for Apollo. Not sure what to expect yet. I am hoping that MS give us more info about Tango at MWC in Feb. Would be good to get release dates and full list of whats changing.

Dan.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Given that Tango is supposed to add support for lower end devices with lower resolution screens, the grouping of live screen tiles like folders is going to be pretty much essential I think. I just hope the solution is as elegant as the rest of the OS, rather than feeling tacked on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99