Xbox Live Games coming to other Platforms

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Live games indeed coming to other platforms, Microsoft confirms | WMPoweruser

An interesting development. I personally don't mind because after all, Microsoft is a software company that caters to millions of people, both WP7 and non-WP7 but I wanted to see everyone else's thoughts.

Also I'm a bit confused, Microsoft has been promoting it's cell platform as "The only phone that has Xbox Live". That talking point is gone now! (But of course, the Windows Phone OS is fantastic, which is an excellent talking point, but does this development take away from WP7?)

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I doubt we're going to see the weekly new Xbox Live game from WP7 on Android and iPhone. For all we know this might be Xbox Live Companion and Halo Waypoint. Time will tell though.

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Xbox Live games indeed coming to other platforms, Microsoft confirms | WMPoweruser

An interesting development. I personally don't mind because after all, Microsoft is a software company that caters to millions of people, both WP7 and non-WP7 but I wanted to see everyone else's thoughts.

Also I'm a bit confused, Microsoft has been promoting it's cell platform as "The only phone that has Xbox Live". That talking point is gone now! (But of course, the Windows Phone OS is fantastic, which is an excellent talking point, but does this development take away from WP7?)

I agree I think it is a good idea to go to other platforms. Where I would differentiate with iOS and Android is in a couple ways.

1) maybe do multi-player online only for WP7
2) exclusive titles only on WP7

These are just off the top of my head. You have to get users addicted to a service if you plan on getting them out of the ecosystem they are currently in. So give the person something quality but don't give them the "full" experience. Then like a true pusher you can start marketing that yea it is good in that ecosystem, but if you want the full experience then over here on WP7 it is better.

Right now other than WP7 being more stable and fluid, WP7 doesn't have much to sway the general user away from their current ecosystem. Everyone has email, everyone has some form of office apps, everyone has a music service, everyone has the "cloud", everyone has some apps, etc. Xbox is the poison to get into other platforms. Now they just have to leverage it properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss