AT&T True Unlimited Data

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was grandfathered in to a true unlimited data package (that I signed up for in 2005/06)...does anyone know if I will get this from now on or will I eventually have to get a 2GB/5GB plan?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I use to have the unlimited plan. I switched to T-Mobile for a while. I am back with AT&T now and I have their 2GB plan now. It's not a problem. I only use about 750MB a month, since my phone is on WiFi at home.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I use to have the unlimited plan. I switched to T-Mobile for a while. I am back with AT&T now and I have their 2GB plan now. It's not a problem. I only use about 750MB a month, since my phone is on WiFi at home.

What do you do with your phone? I do have 3G at home that I could use so maybe I won't get over it. That's my biggest fear.

Like me for example, I share like an average of 3 pictures daily to facebook. 5/6/7 status daily, a lot of web browsing, I receive like 100 emails daily and have accuweather live tile always one. Would that make me raise the 3G cap? ( not to mention that if I'm on AT&T my usage will be a lot more since I could set my status to online thanks to their superior coverage)

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I use 6-7GB per month (I always get the "top 5% user message" from AT&T"). I'm concerned that if I try to upgrade my phone or add a service, they will force me to change/update my plan.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They will try their hardest to make it so, but you are not obligated to succumb to it. If they get too pushy, ask for the boss.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I use 6-7GB per month (I always get the "top 5% user message" from AT&T"). I'm concerned that if I try to upgrade my phone or add a service, they will force me to change/update my plan.

More and more AT&T phones are 4G/LTE and require a new data plan. You can try to hold out for as long as possible but they're going to get you eventually (unless you just never upgrade your phone, lol).

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
What do you do with your phone? I do have 3G at home that I could use so maybe I won't get over it. That's my biggest fear.

Like me for example, I share like an average of 3 pictures daily to facebook. 5/6/7 status daily, a lot of web browsing, I receive like 100 emails daily and have accuweather live tile always one. Would that make me raise the 3G cap? ( not to mention that if I'm on AT&T my usage will be a lot more since I could set my status to online thanks to their superior coverage)

You wouldn't get close to 1GB with that type of usage, let alone 2GBs

Basically if you aren't streaming music or video you'll be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs