Headphone Commands

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I never thought of this being a selling point, but now that I've tried two different Windows Phones, I must say that I will be testing this before my next purchase.

On the Samsung Focus, the controls on the headphones can pause/unpause music, control volume, skip to next track (double click), and start TellMe (hold down).

However, on the HTC Trophy, (besides the headphones being ridiculously uncomfortable) there is no way to skip to the next track. The pause/unpause lags quite a bit more than on the Focus (I sometimes think it didn't press and will press it again, causing it to unpause), as well.

Does anyone how Nokia and other brands hold up in this area? I really miss the ability to use my headphones to skip a track instead of having to pull my phone out of my pocket or backpack.

Just curious. I never thought about this as being another way for OEMs to differentiate themselves.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 800 headphones can do most commands; play/pause, next track (double-click), restart track/previous track (triple-click), TellMe (hold).

However, it doesn't have volume up/down buttons even though I believe the phone can recognise the signal (will need to test this though). A bit of a strange omission, although it didn't stop me from buying the phone (but I may replace the headphones at some point).

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 800 headphones can do most commands; play/pause, next track (double-click), restart track/previous track (triple-click), TellMe (hold).

However, it doesn't have volume up/down buttons even though I believe the phone can recognise the signal (will need to test this though). A bit of a strange omission, although it didn't stop me from buying the phone (but I may replace the headphones at some point).

I haven't tried the triple click on the Focus. I'm just going to assume it doesn't exist on the Trophy, since it doesn't even have double click.

Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99