cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
no wonder why they did not implement it i hope there is an option to disable it but i still think they wont implement it

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for nfc. I've watched some videos on google wallet and I really like it. What security issues should we be concerned about with nfc?

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it doesn't require a pin or any kind of authorisation (once you've put the details in once) unless the purchase is over a certain amount, ?50 I think.

Theoretically I could take your NFC phone or NFC credit card and go and make repeated transactions of ?49.99 without having to know your details.

I like the idea in theory as I'm obsessively careful with my phone/wallet, but still wouldn't risk it just in case. It'll be a disaster/nightmare for many people less aware; as if people needed more of an incentive to steal someone's expensive phone, now they can use it to buy stuff too! Woo! Technology :dry

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The fact that it doesn't require a pin or any kind of authorisation (once you've put the details in once) unless the purchase is over a certain amount, ?50 I think.

Varies from country to country, but in the UK, it's ?15 I think, anything above that would ask for your PIN.

Theoretically I could take your NFC phone or NFC credit card and go and make repeated transactions of ?49.99 without having to know your details.

No, for the reasons mentioned above - moreover in a mobile implementation rather than a contactless card, I can see no reason why you will be unable to set a secondary pin that you need to enter before it works or that the screen needs to be unlocked before it works - thus adding the additional security.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I would also imagine that it would be best to have to explicitly open up an app or something to turn it on when you need it.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So one of the phones using google wallet or something similar don't require the phone to be unlocked? You can take it from your pocket and hold it against the card reader and it works without any other action being necessary?

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So one of the phones using google wallet or something similar don't require the phone to be unlocked? You can take it from your pocket and hold it against the card reader and it works without any other action being necessary?

kit only workz when the app is opened. and even then you can set a paacode if you like.

GazooAz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for nfc. I've watched some videos on google wallet and I really like it. What security issues should we be concerned about with nfc?
Personally I have no use for NFC and I will not carry a credit card with a chip either. They have devices out there that can steal your credit card info just by walking by you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss