When you buy stuff from the Marketplace and bill it to AT&T, does AT&T charge a fee?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Like, in addition to the item? If they do, I dont see it anywhere on my bill, yet I can't imagine AT&T offering Microsoft free billing services for free.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I dont think they charge a fee at least now as I havent seen any charges other than the amount of the app purchased.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
they are not suppose to ..

i called MS a while back to have it set it up . and they told me to refer to my carrier that they could do it for no extra charge...

unless the MS rep was wrong, but not suppose to. turns out my carrier doesnt even offer this service lol :(

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
they are not suppose to ..

i called MS a while back to have it set it up . and they told me to refer to my carrier that they could do it for no extra charge...

unless the MS rep was wrong, but not suppose to. turns out my carrier doesnt even offer this service lol :(

It's almost scary, makes it way too easy to buy more MORE MORE music, lol.

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
They don't charge extra. I wondered the same when I was asked (T-mobile for me though)

1) It's an option for people without credit cards (like younger ones) to be able to purchase things

2) Believe it or not, the carriers want you to need your phone and, by extension, them. Including purchases and using your phone like a credit card (like NFC tech) that way they get more revenue and things like that.

I remember that from a Nokia ad for the N9 talking about its NFC, how it can be used as a credit card, and how carriers want your phone to be a credit card-- their credit card. Though they didn't say it in so many words XD

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss