What I have seen from other forums, iPhone and Android owners can photograph their start screen. I know this came up probably one year ago and at that time it was not possible. How about it now in Mango? Is/was it a software issue or a hardware issue that it wasn't possible then?

I really would like to show off my start screen and I can do it the wrong way by photographing it with another camera but I think it would be cooler if I could do it from "within".
    01-24-2012 04:26 PM
    Hi perbear, think you need a developer unlocked phone for that.

http://www.windowscentral.com/standa...phone-homebrew

Daniel wrote the above article a little while back.
    perbear likes this.
    01-24-2012 04:32 PM
    AFAIK, if you have an unlocked device there is an app you can sideload that'll do that. Apart from that, we're still waiting on an official screen cap app.
    01-24-2012 04:32 PM
    Aaaah, screen capture. Every time I see an iPhone screen grab on my Facebook or Twitter feed, I cry a little.
    Big Supes, wolf1891 and Mr_pither like this.
    01-24-2012 06:22 PM
    Aaaah, screen capture. Every time I see an iPhone screen grab on my Facebook or Twitter feed, I cry a little.
    This.
    01-24-2012 07:00 PM
    I don't cry.

...because I have no more tears left. :(
    aubreyq and Judge_Daniel like this.
    01-24-2012 07:06 PM
    I can almost guarantee screen capture ability will be in Apollo at the latest. However, for now you do need an unlocked device as detailed above.
    01-24-2012 07:28 PM
    No screen capture when you have such a sexy OS is like owning a Lexus LFA and not being allowed to drive it in public...
    01-25-2012 05:14 AM
    this one is one of the popular suggestions on windows phone Feature Suggestions Screenshot support
    01-25-2012 05:36 AM
    I don't cry.

...because I have no more tears left. :(
    LOL!

No screen capture when you have such a sexy OS is like owning a Lexus LFA and not being allowed to drive it in public...
    Seriously.
    01-25-2012 06:53 AM
    Use the homebrew Screen Capture all the time (and yes, you can capture the Lock or Start screen). And I do hope a similar implementation can be integrated, or at least the API released to make it a legitimate Marketplace app. No Interop unlock required.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    01-25-2012 08:25 AM
    Thanks guys, you are too many to thank individually so will have to do with a group thank you. Maybe I come round to trying one of the apps you describe here but let's hope for a solution from Microsoft in the next upgrade.
    01-25-2012 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD