HELP WANTED !!! About to buy a Lumia 800 need info on updating issues

ch1mmi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I would really love your help on this

So I'm about the buy an unlocked Lumia 800 off amazon. i've been reading here and else where that not all carriers have the new update (the one that fixes the disappearing keyboard). I'm from Jamaica, the phone is not even launched on any network yet around our parts so there is no hope for me getting any carrier updates. How would i be able to access updates ?????

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thats a very good question for example I have my Lumia 800 on Rogers and I couldn't do the network disconnect trick until Rogers officially rolled out the latest update. Now as long as your carrier has WP I am sure they are going to release the latest updates and as long as you get that your Lumia will update to the latest firmware.

ch1mmi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Thats a very good question for example I have my Lumia 800 on Rogers and I couldn't do the network disconnect trick until Rogers officially rolled out the latest update. Now as long as your carrier has WP I am sure they are going to release the latest updates and as long as you get that your Lumia will update to the latest firmware.
Thats the thing, My carrier has not yet launched any windows phone 7 devices. ( I'm planning to just subscribe to a generic data plan) is there no way to get the update on your own similar how iphones update through itunes?

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you will get the update from Microsoft directly but I am not sure you might want to ask a Nokia rep or ask in the Microsoft support forms for verification.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)