Very angry and upset with WP HTC

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
they have invested huge amounts of money in their phones to have the best sound cards and signed a huge deal with beats to include the top of the line headphones!
Beats headphones are nowhere near top of the line. They're just overpriced low to mid range headphones.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Customer Service ratings don't matter unless they mess up the phone like the focus firmware. Samsung even with their plastic phones tends to make more reliable devices than HTC. Hi to HD2/HD7 camera issues. G2 terrible camera and terrible Z Hinge. Tons of their devices have small batteries or battery drain issues. Screen tech not as good. Use of SD in a lot of their phones in lieu of NAND (they are getting better on this recently). Cheap battery doors and finicky buttons on the HD7.

Samsung customer service ratings are low cause they suck in updating their Android phones and have burned a ton of people.

WP7 != Android

Samsung and Nokia make better devices than HTC. Even their Android phones are taking a ton of heat, which is why even they said they will focus on Quality instead of Quantity in the future. Their words, their admission.

HTC had a fantastic rep going into the smartphone boom but their lackluster quality is starting to catch up to them. Compare the HD7 to the HD2, or really any of their WP7 devices. Basically the same hardware, but the build and reliability of the HD7 can't even come close to the HD2. They aren't what they used to be. And they still have not fixed the HD7 pink camera tint issue... So much for fast bug fixes and whatnot, right? The Samsung phones simply don't have that issue...

htc doesnt make the best cameras, but they update their phones very quickly and they are durable. samsung makes lightweight cheap plastic phones and the have radio issues! i would rather have a faulty camera than a phone that didnt get a good signal. when i was on sprint i compared this... i had a samsung galaxy nexus phone... loved the phone but it never had more than 2 bars. my aunt and uncle, on the same network would always have 3-4 bars on their htc evo. so given they both have their issues, i wouldnt say one is better than the other. from my experience, i have had much better luck with htc...

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
htc doesnt make the best cameras, but they update their phones very quickly and they are durable. samsung makes lightweight cheap plastic phones and the have radio issues! i would rather have a faulty camera than a phone that didnt get a good signal. when i was on sprint i compared this... i had a samsung galaxy nexus phone... loved the phone but it never had more than 2 bars. my aunt and uncle, on the same network would always have 3-4 bars on their htc evo. so given they both have their issues, i wouldnt say one is better than the other. from my experience, i have had much better luck with htc...

I had better luck with HTC in the past...Until now. I came from Motorola and their phones are crap. I had both the HTC Tilt and Touch pro 2 (WinMobile). Never had a single problem with them, but this incident that happen is just plain ol' horrible.

I use my phone for everything...For them to send me the phone back without doing anything to it (and claim it was fix) just made me open my eyes about this company.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the rest of the HTC phones, but the HTC Trophy is horrible for signal strength. I love the phone, but when it comes to data and voice reception it doesn't hold a candle to my Motorola droid.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Love my Focus S. So far, the occasionally disappearing keyboard is it. My wife's Titan has freezing and reception issues. So right now, I lean to HTC not being as high quality as they have been. They really have supported WP, so I hope this is just a matter of them making some adjustments. Samsung has been on a roll, and the original Focus, the S, and the GS2 series have all been reliable. Mostly the complaints on Sammy has been the mid to low range smartphones, which have had tons of problems. I hope Nokia puts out quality. They are the top dawg for WP's future.

I hope you get this ironed out. Again, I have a warm spot in my heart for HTC. Like to hear better things .......

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Beats headphones are nowhere near top of the line. They're just overpriced low to mid range headphones.

over priced, yes... very much so...

low mid range quality? not even a chance, thats a rediculous statement...

I hate the Beats lol. Everyone on head-fi agrees it's not that great for the price. Despite this, what headphones do I see kids wearing these days? Beats.

To me, Monster is like the Apple of headphones in the way that even though there may be better options out there, people still want it anyway because it's "cool."

I'm not saying that Monster can't make good headphones, because they can--I own a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers and I love it. It's more that they tune the Beats to appeal to the general public by adding lots of bass. It's like how colors on an AMOLED type display can be oversaturated. It's not producing colors accurately, but many people still like it anyway because bright and colorful looks good to them in the same way that some people like tons and tons of bass.

And as for HTC, I've owned two HTC phones: A HTC Tytn II, and a Touch Pro 2. I haven't had any problems with either. I really am interested in the HTC Titan because many reviews mentioned how the build quality on the phone is great but now after hearing all these problems and about the poor customer service, I'm not so sure.

I don't really like Samsung, they can make good phones, it's just that I really hate the materials they use. Even though I think the build quality is good, the all plastic design makes me think otherwise. It makes the phone feel cheap when I hold it in my hand, and I just can't get over that.

LG, I've never heard anything good about their phones. Remember the G2X on T-Mobile? So many issues.

So that leaves Nokia. I'm eyeing the 900, but I'd have to get it off contract, and that will probably be quite expensive.

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Op, if HTC sends it back unrepaired, isn't there some sort of Consumer Affairs office you can contact? We have it in Australia, and they make sure the OEM gets their **** together when something goes wrong.

I got an Asus laptop and it was faulty, and over the period of 10 months and 3 send-ins for repair, they claimed it was fixed, when it wasn't. As soon as I called in Consumer Affairs, Asus offered me a complete replacement with a newer model; not that I will ever go back to them.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Op, if HTC sends it back unrepaired, isn't there some sort of Consumer Affairs office you can contact? We have it in Australia, and they make sure the OEM gets their **** together when something goes wrong.

I got an Asus laptop and it was faulty, and over the period of 10 months and 3 send-ins for repair, they claimed it was fixed, when it wasn't. As soon as I called in Consumer Affairs, Asus offered me a complete replacement with a newer model; not that I will ever go back to them.

What is this Customer Affairs you're talking about? Is it a government branch or just an organization?

We have the BBB--the Better Business Bureau. But since it's just an organization, they don't really have any power and can't force a company to do something.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Im sort of with the OP on this as far as HTC. Ive sent mine in 4 times over the past year since Ive had it. Dust under the glass, random reboots and such. I'm just done with HTC. But their customer service has been top notch. From the person I initially call to getting my phone back pretty quickly. March and Nokia cant come fast enough.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Im sort of with the OP on this as far as HTC. Ive sent mine in 4 times over the past year since Ive had it. Dust under the glass, random reboots and such. I'm just done with HTC. But their customer service has been top notch. From the person I initially call to getting my phone back pretty quickly. March and Nokia cant come fast enough.

Really? I was under the impression that HTC CS sucked from what I read. How long was the turnaround time for a phone repair?

Chicken7

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
What is this Customer Affairs you're talking about? Is it a government branch or just an organization?

We have the BBB--the Better Business Bureau. But since it's just an organization, they don't really have any power and can't force a company to do something.

Yeah, it's a Government department. They actually function surprisingly well. I guess the USA doesn't have an equivalent.

ACCC Home

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's a Government department. They actually function surprisingly well. I guess the USA doesn't have an equivalent.

ACCC Home

Not quite. We have the FTC, aka Federal Trade Commission.

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

While they'll take a complaint, they don't resolve individual complaints. Instead, they deal with anti-trust issues, scams, companies breaking the law, etc. So they aren't really much help to an individuals like us.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I feel torn here.

I've had some recent problems with my HTC Titan usb port and didn't have a very good experience talking to HTC about it.

Combine that with the horrible signal strength, and I'm not confident that they really care that much about the quality of their product.

However, I still love my Titan. I love the screen. And the camera is pretty good too.

With that said, my next phone will NOT be an HTC.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly its purely preference.

- Samsung and HTC both make AMAZING phones.

1. sure HTC phones BODY is more durable ( made of freaking metal )
Sure Samsung Screens are MORE durable. ( amoled is know to be more durable then LED)

2. reception is the same, i had both a HTC and a Samsung , never had a problem from both of them ( apple are the once that have shiity reception LOL )

4. Customer service is the same BS. HTC and Samsung ... AT&T or Sprint . apple or MS....

5. its not true that Samsung or HTC or LG gets update faster..... dont know if you notice but updates have NOTHING to do with OEMs. i know people that have both Samsung and HTC and are still waiting on updates... and other already have it... OEMs dont really release updates that often.... your gona see allot more from MS/RTM .. and random 1 year SMALL updates from an actual OEM.

one thing people dont relies..(Customer service wise) is that i can work for HTC give you **** service , get fired and go work for Samsung and give you the same **** service...

People are idiots... and idiots are every where!!! UN-avoidable. ROLF!

I work for Bell: people tell me Bell has the Worst CS ever,.,,, but i never had problems..

my WP is with ROGERS... I NEVER got decent help from them.... but people tell me they are the best..yet.... I HATE THEM!...

it all depends on who you are , who you talk too and how YOU handle the situation.

go to a store and buy witch ever one YOU think is prettier .. LOL

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. My Samsung Focus's reception wasn't really that much better than my HTC Titan. It was better, but only by a little bit. But the micro-usb port on the Focus is solid. Can't say the same for my HTC. Even the guy at the repair shop told me he often has to fix HTC and Motorola micro-usb ports.

Then there's my wife's old Nokia feature phone. That thing's reception is so good it's embarrassing for our other phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99