Very angry and upset with WP HTC

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay....My WP touchscreen just suddenly stop working properly. I tried everything to try to get to work but the constant freezes and crashes wouldn't stop. It would get so bad that i would have to take the battery out just to get off the current screen.

I send it out to HTC to get repaired and they send it right back with the same problem claiming that they repaired it. Now I'm a big fan of WP but this is ridiculous. With shabby customer service like that its leading me to think why didn't I get an iphone.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
That is just unacceptable on HTC's part.

It's unfortunate that your experience with this hardware failure is causing you to look at the OS in a negative light. I assure you that this is not a common issue. Well, as far as I know. I have 3 WP devices in my home and all have behaved swimmingly.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You should contact HTC again and tell them to sort it out. I hope it doesn't cost you any money, because this is obviously their failing.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
some times that happens.

specially if they can't re-produce the issue because its intermittent.

again they might have CHANGED the screen and it was a software issue .. or vice versa.

just send it back out... sucks to go a week or 2 no phones ..but its better then no phone...

Also if your phone is Physically damaged... forget it , your screwed. ( unless you got the extra insurance)

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I did try a hard reset and it would work for about 5 min and freeze.

The sad thing is while talking to the service REP he's thinking that i have a Droid phone. Can you believe that? A HTC employee (a service rep at that) who doesn't know the difference in the phones they sell?

Well I'm shipping the phone back again and if it comes back the same way again...I'm calling AT&T and asking for a new phone which isn't a HTC. Never again...Its very frustrating to be without a phone for 3 weeks now.

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
some times that happens.

specially if they can't re-produce the issue because its intermittent.

again they might have CHANGED the screen and it was a software issue .. or vice versa.

just send it back out... sucks to go a week or 2 no phones ..but its better then no phone...

Also if your phone is Physically damaged... forget it , your screwed. ( unless you got the extra insurance)

I'm still covered by the manufacture's warranty...When I googled the problem I have, it seem to be happening with a lot of HTC Surround phones.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
htc makes awesome phones, some of the best... this sucks, but it could of happened on any phone, including an iphone or a nokia

whatever you do, dont pay for a new one, just keep complaining and you will get your way, at&t will take care of you. although i understand you shouldnt have to do this, but hey Sh*t happens...

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
htc makes awesome phones, some of the best... this sucks, but it could of happened on any phone, including an iphone or a nokia

whatever you do, dont pay for a new one, just keep complaining and you will get your way, at&t will take care of you. although i understand you shouldnt have to do this, but hey Sh*t happens...

he should of gotten a Samsung... LOL ... ii had too, its been to long, lol:p

PS. love the signature.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love HTC phones, but I hate their customer service. I had a similar problem a couple of years back with an intermittent problem where I had to keep sending my phone back repeatedly until they finally fixed it.

The phone would be returned in the mail with no evident change, and no hint of what had been done. Then ages on the phone trying to convince them to have the repair tech call me when he was working on it, since my written instructions of how to replicate the problem were apparently being ignored.

This was pre WP days. Sorry to see nothing's changed.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problem. My Surround is going on 15 months and no issues at all with the hardware. Still mutes every once in a while during a call and the phone will freeze playing DRM music, but those are software and HTC sucka in that area. Bit they do make good hardware.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

HTC is the Acer of cell phone manufacturers these days. Quality is not their mantra. Quantity is. That's why their profits are falling. People are tired if that. They rose to prominence because of nuthugging the android community, not because of the quality of their devices.

Just don't buy HTC again. Nokia or Samsung are way better fit WP7 devices.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and when I've had issues with any brand of phone with them while I'm under contract, I have been able to take it in to a CORPORATE store and they will either replace it on site while I waited or replace it with (probably refurbished) unit. If you're still under contract with your carrier, try them. Just make sure you find a corporate store with repair facilities on site. They are much better to deal with and more likely to have a replacement there.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC is the Acer of cell phone manufacturers these days. Quality is not their mantra. Quantity is. That's why their profits are falling. People are tired if that. They rose to prominence because of nuthugging the android community, not because of the quality of their devices.

Just don't buy HTC again. Nokia or Samsung are way better fit WP7 devices.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

oh my word, you people kill me sometimes... google samsung customer service ratings, you will see the same results... people will comlpain no matter what... samsung does NOT make any better phones than htc... quality isnt their mantra, quantity is? what are you basing this off of? show me some facts? they have invested huge amounts of money in their phones to have the best sound cards and signed a huge deal with beats to include the top of the line headphones! theyre just more durable than samsungs lightweight cheaply made plastic phones. ive never had an issue with my htc's and have had several problems with samsungs... including the p2 mp3 player! buy a samsung and wait an eternity for updates, then wait for security patches they need...

ok i can list pros and cons on both sides but to be that bias is crazy... you and i both know samsung is no better than htc... maybe in your experience but in general... because i have had quite the oppisite experiences you have had...

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter. Customer Service ratings don't matter unless they mess up the phone like the focus firmware. Samsung even with their plastic phones tends to make more reliable devices than HTC. Hi to HD2/HD7 camera issues. G2 terrible camera and terrible Z Hinge. Tons of their devices have small batteries or battery drain issues. Screen tech not as good. Use of SD in a lot of their phones in lieu of NAND (they are getting better on this recently). Cheap battery doors and finicky buttons on the HD7.

Samsung customer service ratings are low cause they suck in updating their Android phones and have burned a ton of people.

WP7 != Android

Samsung and Nokia make better devices than HTC. Even their Android phones are taking a ton of heat, which is why even they said they will focus on Quality instead of Quantity in the future. Their words, their admission.

HTC had a fantastic rep going into the smartphone boom but their lackluster quality is starting to catch up to them. Compare the HD7 to the HD2, or really any of their WP7 devices. Basically the same hardware, but the build and reliability of the HD7 can't even come close to the HD2. They aren't what they used to be. And they still have not fixed the HD7 pink camera tint issue... So much for fast bug fixes and whatnot, right? The Samsung phones simply don't have that issue...

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I probably won't get another HTC. I haven't owned a Samsung, but everyone I've held felt pretty nice. To the op, a carrier store can't warranty your phone? Verizon will replace one with a call to customer service.

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster